Review of The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales" by Darrell Kastin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales, written by Darrell Kastin, is a captivating collection of short stories that transports readers into a world where imagination knows no bounds and mythical experiences intertwine with unimaginable folklore. From the very first story, Kastin weaves a spellbinding narrative that will leave readers enchanted and craving more.

The book opens with the tale of Jorge, a young boy whose grandfather was often dismissed as a wild talker by the villagers. However, Jorge's curiosity is piqued when he gains access to his grandfather's upstairs room, discovering a fascinating concoction of items that allow his grandfather to manifest places and people. As the story progresses, readers are kept on the edge of their seats, wondering what fate awaits Jorge and his grandfather. Kastin skillfully builds tension and suspense, keeping the readers guessing until the very end.

Throughout the book, Kastin delves into various mythical creatures and elements of folklore, each story offering a unique and mesmerizing experience. From mermaids who can live on land to love stories that transcend the boundaries between the living and the dead, the author effortlessly brings these fantastical elements to life. The vivid imagery and rich descriptions paint a vivid picture, allowing readers to immerse themselves in the magical world of Azorean tales.

One standout story involves a woman who possesses the extraordinary ability to alleviate others' pain by shouldering it herself. This particular tale showcases Kastin's ability to explore complex emotions and delve into the depths of human suffering. The characters are beautifully portrayed, their struggles and desires striking a chord with readers and evoking a range of emotions.

Furthermore, The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales is well-edited, with very few errors present throughout the book. The professional editing adds to the overall enjoyment of the reading experience, ensuring a smooth and immersive journey for the readers.

In conclusion, The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales is a delightful collection of short stories that will captivate and mesmerize readers from beginning to end. Darrell Kastin's masterful storytelling and his ability to bring mythical creatures and folklore to life are commendable. With its enchanting narratives and well-crafted characters, this book deserves a resounding 5 out of 5 stars. If you're a fan of magical realism, folklore, and tales that push the boundaries of imagination, this book is an absolute must-read.

The Conjurer and Other Azorean Tales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Okocha Victor »

Your review was written excellently. I noticed one striking thing. The boy's grandfather was always dismissed by others as someone that spoke jargon all the time. Why was he always dismissed tho? Does he spread fake news around, or are his tales just too unbelievable?
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Story have a collection storytelling why started when boy com on veiage than grandfather. He learn a folklore and family values. Boy met another world 🌎🌎😀 mony new frends with deference main about life. I recommend this novels everyone to learn how is good to leave simle life, and how devolpe and grow up strong and goog person.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

Folklore, vivid imagery through concise descriptions and a gibberish-talking granddad resonate with me. Well, the gibberish-talking granddad seems like he'll add spice to the story. Curious kids are honestly the most difficult to hide things from. That leaves me wondering, what did Jorge do when he entered that hidden room? Maybe my wonderment would lead me to read this book myself, maybe.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”