Review of Sweet Baby Mine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Review of Sweet Baby Mine

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sweet Baby Mine" by Maria Daversa.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tony and Ana, together with their kids, are the subject of this tale. The couple's drug-addicted eldest daughter, Chloe, left the house when she was a teenager. Will she be found? Is she secure? If you want to know the answers, read Sweet Baby Mine by Maria Daversa.

Ana sent her eldest daughter, Chloe, away from home to keep a big and terrible secret from her beloved husband. To protect her marriage and stop her loving husband from leaving her, she did terrible things and kept him in the dark for too long.

The plot flows quickly, and I adore the author's writing style. The suspense that was built in this novel is also what I loved because it made reading feel like I was watching a movie. I adore Tony and Ana, and despite their marriage's ups and downs, they were able to persevere.

What I didn't like about this book was how the author didn't include more characters. The story is tedious and stressful to read because it is told from the perspectives of two people. If the author had included more people in the plot, it would have been more interesting and compelling, and I would have appreciated it more than just two people taking turns. I would have preferred it much more if the children's viewpoint had been included. I would have wanted to know more about Chloe's thoughts and feelings, particularly how she felt while she was away from home. Not only that, but I would have loved to hear more from Evelyn and Meadow as well. I'll rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because of these reasons. Likewise, I only found one error in this book; it's professionally edited.

Readers who enjoy romantic novels should pick up this book, in my opinion. This book is appropriate for anyone who wishes to recover from borderline personality disorder. Due to the book's explicit content, I will also suggest this book to mature adults.

Sweet Baby Mine
View: on Bookshelves
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

What you felt while reading the book is quite relatable. The book is suspenseful and I will like to know more about Chloe and her thoughts. Meanwhile the book's title sounds unique. Thanks for the review.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Jane Honda »

I can't really draw a conclusion from this review about the book due to the fact that little details was given about the book. Generally speaking, the book title and the cover page did not relate.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The book's title does not resonate with the premise. The premise is driven by suspense. However, the book's cover projects an emotional drama. It is difficult to make up my mind. Will dig a litter deeper to understand this.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

High-quality editing is important for a smooth and polished reading experience.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:

Post by Francis Kapola »

Favour Hillz wrote: 28 May 2023, 07:11 What you felt while reading the book is quite relatable. The book is suspenseful and I will like to know more about Chloe and her thoughts. Meanwhile the book's title sounds unique. Thanks for the review.
Regarding the unique title of the book, it's always interesting when a title captures our attention and sparks our curiosity. It can be an initial indication of the book's theme or tone, setting the stage for what's to come.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:

Post by Francis Kapola »

Jane Honda wrote: 28 May 2023, 08:17 I can't really draw a conclusion from this review about the book due to the fact that little details was given about the book. Generally speaking, the book title and the cover page did not relate.
It's unfortunate to hear that the title and cover page of the book did not seem to relate well with you.
Nkem blessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nkem blessy »

Keeping secrets in marriage is not always the best option. I will like to read this book to know what really led to the secret. You didn't say much about the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”