Review of Funny, Not Funny

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Review of Funny, Not Funny

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Funny, Not Funny" by Amanda LaFerriere.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Funny, Not Funny is a memoir by Amanda LaFerriere. This super duper author uses her life experiences to offer inspiration, education, motivation, and advice to people of the same gender and the LGBTQIA community.

While reading this book, I noticed that the author put herself in a position where she jeopardized her safety and mental health by pushing through with writing and publishing this book. Everything was written so clearly that anyone present when the events happened could very quickly tell what and to whom she was referring. Honestly, I want to commend her bravery in carrying out this project.

The book talks mainly about the discrimination people undergo because of the gender they were born into. The concept of this book opened my eyes to why people feel and act the way they do. Most people who go under the knife to change their gender or how they look sometimes don't do it because they want to. The external pressures they face frequently serve as fuel for these actions.

Amanda shares her experiences in various situations where she has been oppressed due to her gender. The most striking thing about this book is that she adds solutions to these problems that worked for her. She once mentioned how a man picked on her marketing leader for not smiling despite her flawless performance, which got me thinking. You can be the best in the room, but being born a woman or gay will be your limiting factor.

This book has many insights from someone who has walked in these shoes. The illustrations and chapter headings are flawless, and the book's length is another excellent factor. At the start of the book, I was skeptical because I thought it would be a girly book about bonding and stuff, but this book is so much more profound. Nothing bothered me about the book.

It was professionally edited, although I found one error in it. This book deserves a perfect rating of five out of five stars. If not for anything, for the courage it took to open up your experiences to the world. I recommend this book to members of the LGBTQIA community in the white-collar sector; this is the gold pot you didn't know you needed.

Funny, Not Funny
View: on Bookshelves
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Sincerely before even going further, I only know the meaning of LGBTQ and not the whole acronym at the beginning of the review. This is one reason I want to read this book. It is certainly educative.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

This book put as on shoes gay people. How is terrible when another people lafing him/her because they are LGBTQ. Fun is a frendship, avantyre, understanding and asept different types people. No fan when we run and smiling people gay orentations. This book learn as to assepted people who there are, without discrimination.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”