Review of A Matter of Trust

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of A Matter of Trust

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Matter of Trust" by Katie Peterson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Matter of Trust by Katie Peterson is an intense and emotional fictional story of the unique relationship between an uncle and a niece. Brayden's older sister Carol, the fifth of five children, was almost 24 when he was born. Brayden builds a close relationship with his father, but at the age of 10, his father dies. Shortly after his father's death, his older sister Carol gives birth to Kelly, whom he instantly bonds with. How deep does their relationship go when Brayden leaves home to pursue his dream and meets with Jennifer? Can distance break this bond? And what does the future hold for Brayden and Kelly? Follow this intriguing story to find answers.

The author captures readers' attention and finds a way to touch their emotions with the unique relationship and love between Brayden and Kelly. Brayden and Kelly's unconditional love and care towards each other, both in their low points and when facing life-threatening issues, take readers on an emotional journey of what genuine love entails. The author does an excellent job of portraying this perfectly.

The author also uses A Matter of Trust to express the dangers and effects of bullying on a person. Kelly's PTSD, suffered after the attack by Dalton and the other bullies who hated her for being the football manager of their high school team, gives readers a clear picture of the emotional and mental trauma victims of bullying go through. The author doesn't stop there but further shows readers the consequences of bullying and assault on those who engage in them.

The author also did a commendable job of portraying the sport of football to readers. From the book's cover page to the in-depth narration of how the game was played whenever Kelly is present at a live game of the Omaha Pioneers, the author is able to present the exciting game of football to the readers.

A Matter of Trust is professionally edited, as only a few errors are noticed while reading the book. The editors can take note of these errors and correct them. Despite the book being one of love and relationship, the author does an excellent job of keeping the sexual scenes to a minimum. There is nothing I dislike about the book. Therefore, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend A Matter of Trust to lovers of an entertaining and emotional fictional story.

A Matter of Trust
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jude Michael Uchechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jude Michael Uchechukwu »

Well, from the review I think there's someone in my family who I will recommend such book to, his my brother and he never believes true and genuine love exist. For me I love reading books of love but ones with pity and emotional truama is not really my kind but for the fact that there is sports included in this book, I think I will give it a try in the future.
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Metter to trust is incredible story about family relationship. Girl why was born on big family of five children. She wish is the be a foodball menager. On the road she is victim of bullying. Ther story telling us how we faither to she goals. Thi story is very emotional and sey how is important to telling true and have trust in your family.
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

Brayden faces emotional crises as father died, he finally creates a strong bond with Kelly his neice but he had to leave home to chase his dreams, will that break the bond with Kelly?

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”