Review of Cooperative Living

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of Cooperative Living

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cooperative Living" by Jeff Namian.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jeff Naiman starts this book by telling us about life in New York and how people living there develop thick skin after staying there for a while. Next, he tells us about his decision to buy a house and the experiences he had in his hunt. The author further provides us with his experiences in the co-op building, which he finally paid for, telling us the essential requirements for getting an apartment in a co-op building and the importance of the co-op board. Jeff tells us about several things, and it is especially wonderful as he is experienced in the things he discusses. Find out more by reading this book.

Firstly, it is important to state how informative the book is. This is the first positive aspect I noted. The author uses his experiences to share informative and funny stories about the system of living in cooperative buildings. The information he shares is crucial, as it also covers the struggles of finding an apartment in New York. I appreciated the inclusion of certain sentences, as I found them funny. An example of this is on page twelve, where the author states that "The apartment was billed as a “real” two bedroom with huge potential. Translation? Dump." I certainly appreciated the author's humor. At the end of the book, the author discusses Alchemizer. It is worth noting that the author shares most of the things in the book from his experiences. He tells us about how people with Alzheimer’s disease feel and advises us on what to do. I also found no errors in the book. It was exceptionally well edited.

I did, however, find some negative aspects while reading Cooperative Living. First, I must admit that the book's title was a bit misleading, and at first glance, I thought the book was about the benefits of cooperative living in society. However, it was about living in co-op buildings. While this was not bad, it was not what I expected. Also, there were several aspects of the book which were not related to its title, like the part about Alzheimer’s disease and how the author sold his parent's house.

Despite the negative aspects noted, I will still give the book a perfect rating. While I felt some parts of the book were unnecessary, I managed to gather a lot of information from the book. I cannot rate the book any lower because of this. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars. I recommend this book to anyone interested in learning firsthand from an experienced individual about life in cooperative buildings.

Cooperative Living
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This doesn’t really sound like something that I would enjoy. It seems like a nonfiction book in the wrong category. Fiction is more to my taste.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”