Review of Not Ideal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Not Ideal

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Not Ideal" by N.C. Thompson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some pains won't go away, and some injuries will never heal. We have no choice but to live with them, but we should never allow them to define us. Kylie was born to a mother who was hurt by her stepdad and mother. Kylie's mother, Lacy, decided to get educated so she could live a meaningful life. While in school, she got in contact with a stranger who forcefully raped her. The pregnancy changed her life entirely and made her a nightmare for Kylie. Kylie sees Damien as her dad because of how well he treats her, but unknown to her, he is not. After so much drama, Damien left Lacy but was denied custody of Kylie. Kylie had to endure a lot of abuse from her mom. After another round of beatings and cursing one night, she decided she had had enough and left the house for the cold street. Find out in the book Not Ideal by N.C. Thompson what happened to Kylie and whether she would survive on the streets.

If there is anything I enjoy most about the book, it is how well the story flowed and how the author introduced each character perfectly. I appreciate the author addressing such a fundamental issue in today's society in a short, easy-to-read, informative book.

It is not ideal for a parent to bring a child they know they are not ready to take care of into the world. Neither is it ideal to blame or suffer a child for the failure of one's partner. Many children are living in abusive homes. These children grow up to become adults who don't know how to be loved or show love, and then the cycle goes on again and again. So, I commend the author for writing on this disturbing issue.

I dislike nothing about the book; it is easy to understand and relate to. Also, I appreciate the extra story the author added at the end of the book. It further bolsters the author's point that abuse happens in various forms.

I give this book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 for how well it was written and because it was professionally edited. I recommend it to parents, adults struggling with bad childhood experiences, counsellors, and lovers of interesting novels.

Not Ideal
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is a really great review. The book seems to take a very difficult subject and make it real, which it is for many. I don’t know how to fix it for them.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: The 36 Watchers, book II: Spring by Dan Bar Hava

Post by Jay Alex »

I condemn child abuse on all forms. I agree with you that the world is suffering from children that were abused who grew into adults who don't know how to show love. It is Not Ideal to make a child suffer for the offense of the father or mother.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Courage of a Butterfly by Edmond E. Frank aka E. Egorhh Frank

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer describes the book "Not Ideal" by N.C. Thompson, highlighting the painful and challenging life experiences of the protagonist, Kylie. Kylie's mother, Lacy, endured abuse in her own childhood. Good job.
Maltida Jane
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maltida-jane.html
Latest Review: The Second Eve by Bette Boersma

Post by Maltida Jane »

Bring a child yo the world when you are not ready is ‘Not Ideal’ then abusing a child you bring to the world is bad. The story shows us how Kylie lived her life.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men by Melanie Sovran Wolfe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

It's refreshing to see an author tackle important societal issues with such finesse. N.C. Thompson's ability to do so in a concise and informative way is truly commendable. Thanks for the great review.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

What a touching story your review depicted. It is good to hear that the author write well in a way that readers will enjoy it. Congrats to the author of the book, and thank you for your good analysis of the plot.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”