Review of De facto Pathfinder

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Review of De facto Pathfinder

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "De facto Pathfinder" by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret).]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Having a fresh start in life can be challenging, especially when one isn’t as young anymore. In De facto Pathfinder, CW3 Cesare Giannetti, U.S. Army (Ret.), takes on the journey of Christopher Longo, a veteran who had served in the army and was now retired and unsatisfied with his new life, and decides to start afresh at 48 years of age. The book starts with Chris quitting his job at the Oklahoma state-run Veteran Support Agency after speaking with his aunt Sophie. He is divorced with a daughter he has grown distant from. He takes on a new job, which is a mission to counsel veterans who need help in different cities for six months. This was a trial programme; will Chis succeed on this mission? Follow Chris on this mission to find out.

This was an interesting story for me. I liked the bold step that Chris took when he realised that he was unsatisfied with his new job. A lot of people get unsatisfied, but it's hard to take the bold step. I think this book will serve as an encouragement to readers, especially those who are in the same position as he was. The book will also encourage people who are going through any type of psychological issue. I like that this book shows compassion for humanity. The author was able to capture the challenges that people experience around the world, especially veterans. I also liked that the book also dealt with the issue of parenting. The author shares the different struggles parents face with their children.

There were no downsides to this book. When I picked up this book, I wasn’t sure about it because of the title, but a few pages in, I was captivated by the story. There was so much to learn from each veteran—a lot to learn about drawing and sailing. This book had a lot to offer, and the descriptions were amazing. I could visualise the descriptions in this book, even the descriptions of the characters, especially the two women that Chris was involved with. I could tell what they looked like from the description as well as from the other characters, who were, by the way, well-developed.

For a book that gave me nothing to complain about, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The book was professionally edited, and I only spotted a few errors in it that did not exactly impact my reading. The book was inspiring for me and will be for others. It deserves nothing short of a perfect rating, especially because it also managed to deal with the issues of retirement.

I would recommend this book to people who work with the military. I am sure they will relate to most of the stories in this book and also learn to cope with similar issues. People who have relatives who have served in the military will also benefit from this book. The book will also interest people who are looking for the courage to make tough life decisions.

De facto Pathfinder
View: on Bookshelves
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Veteran of America have a hard life and thay now how started a new life. This story telling us how is difficult to find a new life without army. One veteran finde helpp on organization of veterans, but he fainted and dangerous. On sex manth he helpp another veterans why not found a purpose of life without army. This storytelling how give arm veterans who is needed to understand his life and helpp his to found yourself on new life.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Life in the military is risky. Chris's experience will be so much more relatable to the people who have the same work as him. Thanks for engaging the review, Amiczy!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

There is always that void that needs to be filled when one retires from being at the forefront of life events. You'll be unsatisfied, and I understand Longo's feelings.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

I feel as though the protagonist's life would be so empty. He seems to have no nuclear family relations, maybe as a result of how demanding his job is or the mistakes he made in the past. Starting life again at the age of 48 when many will think that all their years have gone by without their achieving anything in particular is a bold step. I wonder how his adventures will turn out. Maybe I will grab a copy and find out for myself.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: Human Beings First by Paul E. Wolfe

Post by Seetha E »

This story appears to be a dreadful predicament to be in. It is a book that will assist those who work in demanding careers that leave a void in their personal lives. Beautiful, in-depth analysis. I'd definitely like to read it to find out how this ended.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”