Review of From Evil's Dark Abyss Into Glory's Light (retired version)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of From Evil's Dark Abyss Into Glory's Light (retired version)

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Evil's Dark Abyss Into Glory's Light" by King Hambone (aka Augustus H. Green, Jr).]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

From Evil's Dark Abyss into Glory's Light by King Hambone is a gripping whodunit novel. Gretchen Olsen, a renowned philanthropist, is brutally murdered in her home. The police struggle to solve the case as the killers remain unidentified. Initially planning to hold Gretchen captive, they end up poisoning and shooting her. Richard Olsen, Gretchen's husband, becomes entangled in a dangerous plot orchestrated by the murderers to extort $5 million. They demand this money in exchange for a dark secret about his wife's past. Meticulously removing any trace of their involvement, they complicate the investigation further. Did the police capture the killers? What happened to Richard? Find out in the book.

The author takes readers on a thrilling journey through a complex murder investigation. With its intriguing plot, well-developed characters, and suspenseful twists, Hambone delivers an engaging story that keeps readers guessing until the very end. The novel's plot is meticulously crafted, incorporating various elements of intrigue, deception, and personal secrets. Hambone skillfully guides readers through a labyrinth of twists and turns, ensuring that every revelation and clue adds to the overall suspense.

Paula holds the position of my preferred character in this novel because of her unwavering commitment as a devoted wife, mother, investigator, and lawyer. Her deep-rooted Christian beliefs served as the foundation for her character. Throughout the investigation into Gretchen's murder, Paula exemplified emotional intelligence, extensive knowledge, practical reasoning, and unwavering honesty, all of which significantly contributed to the progress of the case. Even after being relieved of her detective duties and tasked with representing the accused murderers, she maintained her composure and professionalism, placing the well-being of her clients above her sentiments. Filled with profound love, she allowed that love to guide her interactions with her clients and navigate the complexities of the court proceedings. Paula realized that harsh punishment and condemnation would yield no fruitful outcomes, emphasizing the importance of forgiveness and mercy as catalysts for a fresh start.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The characters in the story are well-developed and multi-dimensional, each with their own motivations, secrets, and connections to the victim. As the investigation progresses, Hambone skillfully reveals the complexities of their personalities, keeping readers engaged and invested in their respective arcs. I applaud the author for his creative prowess. I will also thank the editor for a job well done because the book is exceptionally edited and no errors were found in it.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it has expanded my understanding of how to handle difficult challenges in life. Fans of mysteries and suspenseful crime novels will thoroughly enjoy it. It is also recommended for readers who appreciate intricate plotlines, well-developed characters, and a captivating sense of mystery.

From Evil's Dark Abyss Into Glory's Light
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This sounds like my kind of book. I like murder mysteries and investigations, but I want the stories to also include characters that I can relate to. Paula seems like that kind of character.
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

Your review is excellently crafted; you greatly piqued my interest with your summary of the book. I thought you'd give us a little something, but you just raised serious curiosity in me. Excellent job.
jeff odongo
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-odongo.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by jeff odongo »

This book is a must read for lovers of mystery books.The review well crafted.
Benjamin Sinkala 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quintine-benjamin-sinkala.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Benjamin Sinkala 94 »

Sounds like a good book. Good review.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

Whodunit? What does that mean? Your review and rating are actually enough to get me to want to read this book. But Gretchen's being poisoned and shot afterward seems so brutal. Wasn't it enough that she was poisoned, what was the essence of her being shot? Sigh, those must've been some angry, needy murderers.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”