Review of Tipping Point

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of Tipping Point

Post by Amy Luman »

RJ Reviews wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 03:15 Strictly political book is not something I prefer reading. However, the review is eloquently written, listing everything that worked as well as didn't work. I agree with your argument that in politics, no one can be all good or all bad. I congratulate you for writing such a great review.
Thank you for commenting! :coffee1-smiley:
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Cara Wilding wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 17:19
Amy Luman wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 17:20 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tipping Point" by Edward Correia.]

Do you understand how the political system in the United States works? Is the outcome ever what the people of the country intended? Have you ever considered what the original framers of the Constitution intended?

They begin by trying to get the members of the electoral college to vote for him regardless of their state’s popular vote and end up trying to provoke the leaders of a Middle Eastern country that is already hostile to the U.S.

The novel mirrors almost perfectly the events of the 2020 presidential election, although it leans heavily on Republican actions.
This book looks like a great pick! I've read quite a bit of dry political non-fiction, so something more entertaining appeals to me! It is a little frightening that people are willing to provoke hostile nation-states for election purposes; however, after the 2020 elections, I guess this shouldn't raise a hair on my head! I can appreciate your stance on being more even-keeled with respect to party perspectives. I enjoyed your review. Thanks so much for sharing!
It IS a little bit frightening. Unfortunately, the ones with power don’t always use it wisely. :escribir:
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Bob and Bobbie and Other Short Stories by Derek Richard Fairey
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

RE: "Have you ever considered what the original framers of the Constitution intended?" Yes, and I think they would be appalled at what has transpired in their country.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Great review. I think anything that can explain how politics works simply is a good thing because it can and has been a black box to many. However, I agree with you that portraying one side as all bad and the other as all good takes away from the sense of realism. But you do sometimes have to take them with a pinch of salt and accept that you are reading from the author’s point of bias. It happens a lot, although maybe not as obvious as stories of political elections.
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Diana Lowery wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 17:04 RE: "Have you ever considered what the original framers of the Constitution intended?" Yes, and I think they would be appalled at what has transpired in their country.
I agree. This is not it!
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 30 Sep 2023, 18:03 Great review. I think anything that can explain how politics works simply is a good thing because it can and has been a black box to many. However, I agree with you that portraying one side as all bad and the other as all good takes away from the sense of realism. But you do sometimes have to take them with a pinch of salt and accept that you are reading from the author’s point of bias. It happens a lot, although maybe not as obvious as stories of political elections.
Thanks for commenting!
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I enjoyed reading your review; the summary highlighted the important aspects of the plot, and the analysis was honest and to the point. I agree with you; it would have been more realistic if there was a balance and more transparency in both parties' actions, rather than panting one as angels and the other as devils. I guess the author was aiming more for the fiction genre. 😏 Thanks for this delightful review!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 17:31 I enjoyed reading your review; the summary highlighted the important aspects of the plot, and the analysis was honest and to the point. I agree with you; it would have been more realistic if there was a balance and more transparency in both parties' actions, rather than panting one as angels and the other as devils. I guess the author was aiming more for the fiction genre. 😏 Thanks for this delightful review!
Thanks for commenting! :tiphat:
Catalina Isabel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

It's interesting that they spoke of the questionable things one political side did, but not the other. I am not usually into policial books, but this was a great review, Amy 🙂
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Catalina Isabel wrote: 10 Oct 2023, 02:57 It's interesting that they spoke of the questionable things one political side did, but not the other. I am not usually into policial books, but this was a great review, Amy 🙂
Thanks for commenting!
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Your review is great! It is a book with interesting topics, although perhaps not my reading style, thank you for expressing your points of view.
Amy Luman

Post by Amy Luman »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 22 Oct 2023, 17:00 Your review is great! It is a book with interesting topics, although perhaps not my reading style, thank you for expressing your points of view.
Thanks for commenting!
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

The issues that are related to politics is a really broad topic, no matter how you look at it, there are always ramifications, because not everything is black or white. This book looks interesting.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

I need to read this book to get a better grasp of American politics. I have been paying more attention to what has been going on for the past 8 years. This book will provide me with a better understanding of the election process in the USA. Thank you for this informative review. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”