Review of The Snow That Never Fell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: A Summer with the Hermit King by William Todd
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 96%

Review of The Snow That Never Fell

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Snow That Never Fell by Paul Steven Stone is a heartfelt story of a man, Paul Peterson, who is dealing with his divorce and being a single father of three. Going through therapy sessions with "Old Man Rivers," as Paul calls him, doesn't seem to be doing any good. Paul doesn't like to talk about his past, especially his childhood, where his father didn't show him any love or affection.

Everything is centered around a Cub Scout's Father-Son Pinewood Derby. Paul's son, Mickey, asks his dad to help him build the racing car from a kit. Paul keeps putting the project off until the last minute, and there is virtually no time left to construct the vehicle. Because of his pride, Paul will not ask his ex-wife, Marilyn, if he can use his tools, which she got in the divorce, along with the house. Paul slaps the car together using his daughter's play tools and paints the car with red paint, as that is what is lying around. They only have time for one coat of paint, so the red color looks almost pink, as the wood sucks in most of the paint. Off they go, Paul and Mickey, to the Pinewood Derby, and there is excitement and drama. Please read the book to find out who wins the Pinewood Derby and how Paul copes with his new life being single.

The book was enjoyable to read, and there was nothing in the book that I did not like. Anyone who has been divorced can relate to Paul's situation regarding the divorce, which he didn't want, and the trials and tribulations of being a single parent only every other weekend. The author's writing style flowed throughout the pages, making it easy to understand the characters and what they were going through. I only found a few things that needed to be corrected, as the book was professionally edited. I gladly give this book 5 out of 5 stars, and I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an excellent book to read on a Sunday afternoon. This book is more suited for adults, as it deals with adult situations in a divorce setting.

The Snow That Never Fell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
VISION2023
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by VISION2023 »

"The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone is a touching and relatable story about a man navigating the challenges of divorce and single parenthood. The book is centered around a Cub Scout's Father-Son Pinewood Derby, which adds excitement and drama to the plot. Stone's writing style flows smoothly throughout the pages, making it easy to understand the characters and their experiences. As someone who has been through divorce, I found Paul's situation to be relatable and appreciated the author's ability to capture the emotions and challenges of being a single parent. The book was professionally edited, with only a few minor corrections needed. Overall, I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an engaging and well-written read. "The Snow That Never Fell" is a great choice for adults who enjoy stories about overcoming adversity and finding joy in unexpected places. I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars.
Thobzah1
Favorite Author: River Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 174147

Post by Thobzah1 »

"Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone. This book fixated on Fledgling Scout Father-Son Pinewood Derby. I'm truly contacted since I'm carrying on with life hardships. The way that Marilyn left him through separation and that didn't change him for bieng the best single parent and he ensure that his three children doesn't endure the side-effects by drawing in themselves in certain exercises "Pinewood Derby". He is assuming total ownership and that makes it so natural for his youngsters to draw in with him as Mickey his child is requesting that Paul help him to construct his dashing vehicle. Paul is having a seriously difficult time with his ex since he couldn't in fact request help from her. It is certainly a grown-ups book to peruse. Subsequent to perusing this book you track down solidarity to continue on and keep your psyche on certain things to remain discouraged free. This book made it looked so natural to manage troubles however is truly hard I can give this book 5 out of five because of the straight forward back rub and expert alters. Thank to such an extent.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: The Overwhelming Love Of God Amidst Silent Screams In 12Ways by Janelle Sealy-Francis
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I can guess that having not received love from his father, Paul did not understand what was expected of him, but I may be wrong. He might also want to prove that he is doing fine with the kids by not asking the wife for help. I'm glad in such a story, you can read about a derby, which gives me the anticipation of who will win even though I know how Micky's car was built. This is an engaging and beautifully short review that I loved going through:).
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Raseena Zaidi
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Raseena Zaidi »

This story is very unique I like it because some time we feel we lost every thing in our life but there is still so many reson for us to o enjoy to live to be happy and give love to others is very big relief love the story enjoy the wording
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone is a relatable and heartfelt story of divorce, single parenthood, and the challenges faced by Paul Peterson. The book's well-crafted narrative captures the essence of Paul's struggles and his journey to cope with a new life. Highly recommended for adult readers.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

'The Snow That Never Fell' by Paul Steven Stone captures the poignant journey of Paul Peterson, navigating the complexities of divorce and single fatherhood. The heart of the story—a Father-Son Pinewood Derby—reveals the struggles and triumphs of rebuilding a life and bonding. Stone's narrative is a testament to the resilience of the human spirit amid life's challenges. A must-read for anyone seeking a story of hope and redemption. Congratulations on being BOTD!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

What a lovely book. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

From this book I now realize how important it is to show love and affection to one's own children. Not adhering to this leads to irreparable damage to the children when they grow up. The author, Peter, is one such person who underwent this. He narrates how this affected him and his three children. Thanks for the review.
Whiney Jones
Favorite Book: The Movie Chair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whiney-jones.html
Latest Review: Riley Youngblood and the Passport to Santalamanchia by B. F. Martindale
2024 Reading Goal: 400
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Whiney Jones »

Paul Steven Stone's 'The Snow That Never Fell' delicately navigates the complexities of divorce and single parenting with empathy and insight. A truly captivating read for anyone who enjoys thought-provoking literature."
:mrgreen:
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Hidden Burglar by Jacquel Clark

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I rarely see male-oriented stories about divorce and single parenthood.The insights, which combine humor with an emotional adult setting, appear to be worth exploring.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

The plot around Paul looks entertaining and heartfelt. Dealing with his divorce as a single father of three children seems like a very difficult situation. The participation of Paul and his son in the Pinewood Derby and the hardships in preparing the vehicle add drama and suspense to the story. Sounds intriguing!
Mamman Alhassan Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamman-alhassan-thomas.html
Latest Review: Finding Happiness & Purpose with Stage 4 Cancer by Annabelle Maurer

Post by Mamman Alhassan Thomas »

"The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone is a touching and relatable story about a man navigating the challenges of divorce and single parenthood. The book is centered around a Cub Scout's Father-Son Pinewood Derby, which adds excitement and drama to the plot. Stone's writing style flows smoothly throughout the pages, making it easy to understand the characters and their experiences
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Great review! "The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone sounds like a touching and relatable story of resilience and fatherhood. I appreciate the realistic portrayal of divorce and single parenting, and I'm intrigued to see how Paul navigates his new life. This book definitely deserves a spot on my reading list.

Congratulations on being BOTD!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Balkan Air by Aydin Kavara
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 11%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Whenever there is a story on single parenting, it is alway in the female perspective. "The snow that never fell" offers an awesome twist to the well known storyline. Congratulations on being BOTD

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”