Review of Symbol

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Review of Symbol

Post by John Owen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Symbol" by Giovanni Flores.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Long before the world was created, Lucifer and a third of the angels he influenced rebelled against God. They were all thrown into Hell, the realm of damnation—Lucifer and all the angels who had rebelled with him. They became fallen angels, and Lucifer and the rest of the rebellious angels then became the Devil and demons respectively. During the creation, God created man and woman, but Lucifer, now the Devil, managed to convince them to also sin against God. That's how sin and evil came to God's most prized creation, humankind. Over time, the Kingdom of Heaven and the realm of darkness have been at war, with evil trying to overtake the world and everything God had created. However, God, being merciful, always gave His people a chance for redemption, to return to Him and abandon their evil ways. However, as time went by, evil increased in the world and in the hearts of people, and the veil between Hell and the world was growing weak. It was only a matter of time until Hell and all the demons in it dominated the beautiful world God had created.

Fast forward to the present day... God created a plan to save everyone who chose Him. He would put an end to all evil once and for all. He chose Enzo Fiore, a young boy who would then become the Symbol of Hope for everyone. He would fight against the Devil and his army and help bring back everyone who was willing to God. There was only one issue—he didn't look like a hero at all and had many shortcomings. He was short, lacked confidence, and was socially awkward, to the extent that Angel Michael, who was charged with looking after him, questioned God's decision to choose him. From a young age, calamity after calamity hit Enzo's life. He lost his mom and dad, suffered trauma from fighting in the army, and had to endure years of being looked down upon. He degraded himself and had many insecurities and traumas to overcome to even take up the role. However, he had two things to his advantage—a pure, kind heart and strong willpower. Was Enzo really the hero the world needed? Would he rise to the difficult task ahead of him? Find out in Symbol by Giovanni Flores.

This was an interesting book, and I enjoyed reading it. The suspense and tension were well sustained throughout, and not once did I get bored while reading this book. It has a nice and strong theme, too. This book draws strong inspiration from the Bible, but it is fiction overall, featuring action, battle scenes, and a superhero-like plot. There was also romance as Enzo and Roxanne fell in love. Technically, this book was amazing overall.

It's time I stopped talking about the technical aspects and focused on the most important part—the book's impact. This book strongly shows that God works in mysterious ways. It shows His love for everyone and how He makes a way where there seems to be none. This was proved time and time again in the book. For example, during Enzo's face-off with demons and Baal, there were times when Enzo felt like he had reached the end, and just then, God proved that He wasn't going to abandon Enzo and helped him. The book explains that there is always a reason for everything that happens to us. Furthermore, it explains that evil can never win if we resolve to follow the light.

I do hope everyone will take the book's overall message to heart. However, the book is still fiction, and you can read it as such, so you don't need to have any religious convictions to enjoy it. The only negative aspect of the book is that there were many errors, which makes me rate it 4 out of 5 stars in line with OBC's guidelines. However, if I were to review it again without the errors, I'd certainly give it a perfect score and nothing less than that, since it's a nice book. It was a privilege to read the book, and it has reinforced to me that God's love is real.

Symbol
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

I appreciate the well-structured review. The author's excellent book and its intriguing title have piqued my interest, prompting me to add it to my bookshelf without a doubt.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

The reviewer's critique stands out for me, appreciating both the well-written review, the rating given, and the recommendation provided. I must emphasize the quality of this piece, thoroughly enjoying the content while reading it.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

No doubt, God's love is real because He in Himself is love. I'm sure He had a good reason for choosing Enzo.
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

I thought your review was a fascinating analysis of the book. Your observations significantly improve the reading experience."

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”