Review of Now or Never

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Re: Review of Now or Never

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Indeed, any person's action in the family can have an impact on it. The fact that Jennifer thinks about her actions shows that she loves and cares for her family. She deserves to be loved and respected, of course, and I only hope that Charlie will be found safe and well. This is a relevant book, undoubtedly. Many thanks for the review!
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

As a gay man, I'm not sure I'll connect with the theme of the story. I'm curious to know what happened to Charlie, but not enough to read the book, I'm afraid. It has a wide enough audience :D.
Kavi Selvaraj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavi-selvaraj.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Kavi Selvaraj »

Now or Never is a beautiful novel. Just by reading this review I can say everyone will be eager to read it. It will be worth it. Because it's not just a story but it's the real life of many of us out there. Thanks for the review. You explained it clearly at the same time you made the person reading the review to be eager enough to read the story.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Now or Never” by Mary Wasche is a well-written book about Jennifer Davis who rebels against the role she has in her home. Teenage children that are spoiled and have no responsibilities within the home, husbands that believe the only work they need to do is at their job outside the home, these are good reasons for a woman to rebel. Jennifer runs away from her husband and two teenage children to a snowy campground in Minnesota. She takes her 2-year-old son Charlie with her and she pitches a tent at the campground. She goes to the restroom and comes back to the tent and finds Charlie missing. What happened to Charlie? Was Jennifer being irresponsible running away? I want to read the book to find out what happened to Charlie and if her family starts showing Jennifer appreciation for all that she does. Very good review.
Phillip Olutosin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phillip-olutosin.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Phillip Olutosin »

Now or Never by Mary Wasche depicts the challenges faced by married women in their marriages. It is sure to resonate with lovers of romance, adventure, and crime thrillers. Congratulations on BOTD.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Mary Wasche's "Now or Never" tells the compelling story of Jennifer Davis, who rebels against family expectations, exploring themes of self-discovery and societal pressures. The well-written book captivates with vivid descriptions and addresses contemporary themes of personal empowerment and family dynamics.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

It sounds like "Now or Never" by Mary Wasche delves into some deep and relatable themes about family dynamics and personal fulfillment. Jennifer's journey seems both heart-wrenching and thought-provoking. The way the author portrays the struggles of balancing personal desires with family responsibilities appears to be quite engaging.

Your review has piqued my interest, especially in how the story navigates Jennifer's sense of self and her roles within her family. I appreciate your detailed insights into the characters and the setting, as well as your assessment of the book's strengths and minor issues.

I'm intrigued by Jennifer's story and curious to see how it unfolds. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Now or Never." I'll definitely add it to my reading list!
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

Thank you for making sense of the book's plot and character motivations. We all can learn from the complex issues of identity and gender and socioeconomic roles that are tackled here.
Overall, this is a mix of genres, a personal journey novel mixed with a crime thriller.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I find this book insightful on the role of women in a marriage. Jennifer, the lady in question, leaving her home in protest at her perceived role as a servant with her toddler in tow gives her a lot to ponder about her situation at home with her husband. This is a book I'd read anytime I have the time. Thanks for the review.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: Circle Of Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: The Time Cave - Spanish Main by Trevor Anderson
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by Alida Spies »

It must be hard to look after one's family and not receive the smallest token of appreciation. I did wonder about her kids leaving for school without saying goodbye, were they not taught differently and why did she let them get away with it? Thank you for the great review.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I find the review insightful. It captures the essence of Jennifer's struggle and the societal expectations placed on women. The author skillfully portrays relatable family dynamics and the complexities of Jennifer's decision. The vivid setting adds depth to the narrative. It seems like a compelling read, shedding light on important issues many women face today.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

This is a work of fiction about relationship and having a family of your own. If you ever feel abandoned and unappreciated, then this book is for you. The readers will learn from this book about how one's actions can impact the whole family. Congrats for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

The review presents a captivating narrative about a woman's journey towards self-discovery amidst familial challenges. It effectively highlights character dynamics and plot elements while offering constructive criticism about Kindle formatting issues. This review would certainly pique my interest in reading "Now or Never" by Mary Wasche.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

A beautiful and thought-provoking review which illuminates the tightrope women walk as mothers and wives. This conundrum which women grapple with daily should be addressed in every home before there is a complete breakdown. 'Now Or Never' by Mary Wasche is a story that needs to be told. We follow Jennifer on her quest for answers while being unprepared for the consequences of her actions. I look forward to further reading of this excellent book.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

"Now or Never" by Mary Wasche revolves around Jennifer , who is in dilemma in choosing between the love she deserves or appreciate the life she has. The author beautifully weaved romance, adventure and familial bonds in this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”