Review of Now or Never

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Re: Review of Now or Never

Post by Damian Keyes »

It’s very disheartening how mothers are under-appreciated for all they do. Jennifer is making a stance that is going to make her husband and kids aware of how she feels.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"Now or Never" by Mary Wasche seems to delve into the challenges many women face in balancing family expectations with their own desires. Jennifer's rebellion against societal norms offers a thought-provoking narrative that explores themes of self-discovery and the complexities of family dynamics. Nice review.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

This book sounds like it's full of lessons, fun and adventures as Jennifer tries to manage her hectic life.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Cheryl Erickson, I just read your comments on the official review of "now or Never" and I totally agree with the view from so many women that are housewives and are responsible for children and taking care of their husband. Children need to listen to their mothers and husbands need to appreciate all that wives do to run their household. I cannot blame a woman from wanting to rebel if they are treated poorly by their children and husband. @Mrlefty0706
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

This book can relate to a bunch of many women I know. I'm hopeful to gift some with this book. I read it and the lessons to learn are many
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Harty Muli, I just read your comments on the official review of "Now or Never" and I agree this is a major issue in many households across the U.S. There are many divorced men with joint custody that would agree with the issues faced by a wife since they have to care for the children as part of their joint custody agreement and as a man that fits that scenario, I can clearly see how many women work very hard raising their families and keeping their husband happy. When I was raising my two daughters, I would not let anything impact my caring for my children. I was fortunate to have an amicable divorce and the joint custody agreement worked very well. We did everything for the children and appreciated what each parent did for our children. Women deserve respect and appreciation for the care they provide to their children and their husbands. @Mrlefty0706
Krushna Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krushna-patil.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Krushna Patil »

This review of "Now or Never" sheds light on the relatable struggles within family dynamics, particularly for women balancing personal aspirations with household responsibilities. Mary Wasche's storytelling skillfully captures these challenges, offering a gripping narrative filled with relatable characters and poignant moments. Despite minor formatting issues, the book's quality and impactful themes merit a perfect rating. Your reflection underscores the universal importance of understanding how individual actions affect the family unit. "Now or Never" promises an engaging read for those seeking romance, adventure, and insightful reflections on familial relationships.
Moddesser Elahi
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Few of the things in this novel interest me. I am attracted towards the setting of this novel, which is based on some real-life situations; and also the description of the camping site fascinates me. I am intrigued to know about how the little child goes missing from the camp.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Michelle Chafins
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Caroline Peckham
Currently Reading: Zodiac Academy
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-chafins.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
fav_author_id: 46995
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Michelle Chafins »

As a mother, I can empathize with and resonate deeply with this book. The feelings of being taken advantage of can be quite common among individuals who are responsible for caring for others. I remember hearing my mother complain when I was a child. I never understood from her perspective until I experienced motherhood myself. The balancing act of meeting the needs of loved ones while also attending to personal needs and desires can sometimes leave one feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I am interested to know the lessons learned by Jennifer after her "adventure"

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”