Review of Now or Never

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 759
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of Now or Never

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Now or Never" by Mary Wasche.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are your teenage children spoiled and feel entitled to a life of luxury where they have no responsibilities within the home? Does your husband think the only work he should have to do is outside the home, where he gets paid for it? Are you a woman who feels taken advantage of and ignored by your family? If you answered yes to any of these questions, grab a copy of Now or Never by Mary Wasche to follow Jennifer Davis as she rebels against her family. One morning, as Jennifer looks at the mound of work she has to look forward to after her husband, Dan, and her two teenage children, Natalie and Andrew, leave for work and school without saying a word to her, she wonders what her life has become. Feeling unloved and taken advantage of, she runs away with her two-year-old son, Charlie. Jennifer pitches a tent in a snowy campground at Voyageurs National Park inside the Superior National Forest near Duluth, Minnesota. She leaves Charlie asleep in the tent while she goes to the restroom and returns to find him missing. What happened to Charlie? Was she being selfish? Had she put her needs before her family's? These are just a few questions she asks herself as the authorities search for Charlie. What do you think? Does Jennifer deserve a life where she is loved and respected, or should she appreciate the life she has?

Mary Wasche has done an excellent job of writing a fictional tale that relates to the lives of many women in our society today. Many assume a wife's role is to take care of the home and children, to the extent that they forget that they have a life of their own with goals and dreams. I like that Jennifer was portrayed as a caring mother and wife while rebelling against her family. Her self-doubt and the questions she asked herself showed that she did not take her actions lightly, and her concern for her family was evident. I could easily visualize the snowy forest, campsite, and roads that were realistic for the weather in Minnesota during late February and early March. The family dynamics were relatable, with teenage children absorbed with their friends, sports, and cellphone usage, and a husband who wanted to relax after a long day at work without any confrontations.

This well-written and fast-paced book has no objective flaws. I was not particularly fond of Dan, who was egotistical, considered himself the boss of the family, and needed to be more considerate of Jennifer's needs and wants. However, this role was essential to the story's plot and made the story more intriguing. The Kindle version of this book does have a few formatting issues that the author may want to look into, but they did not distract from my reading enjoyment.

This professionally edited book deserves nothing less than a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The romance, adventure, and suspense mixture kept my interest throughout the book. The lessons about how one's actions can impact an entire family are ones everyone should learn to have successful relationships. The minimal errors I encountered, my enjoyment of reading the book, and the many lessons I learned justify the rating I gave this book.

Fans of romance, adventure, and crime-thriller books, couples raising children, and older teenagers should read this book. The non-borderline profanity in this book makes it inappropriate for younger teenagers, but they could also learn from this book.

Now or Never
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
john batista
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by john batista »

"Now or Never" is a compelling and motivational book that urges readers to seize the moment, set bold goals, and take decisive action to transform their lives. It offers practical advice and insights to break through procrastination and make meaningful changes, encouraging a proactive approach to personal growth and fulfillment.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

The reviewer's critique stands out for me, appreciating both the well-written review, the rating given, and the recommendation provided. I must emphasize the quality of this piece, thoroughly enjoying the content while reading it.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

Certainly! The reviewer's exceptional work truly resonated with me, and I plan to include this review in my collection. The reviewer's excellent job has impressed me, prompting me to place this review on my bookshelf.
Ashik97
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ashik97 »

Now or Never" is a compelling and motivational book that urges readers to seize the moment, set bold goals, and take decisive action to transform their lives. It offers practical advice and insights to break through procrastination and make meaningful changes, encouraging a proactive approach to personal growth and fulfillment
Stephen Pokoo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

Great work on this review! Your thorough exploration of the book's intricacies shows your dedication to the literary world. Your balanced approach, acknowledging both the book's merits and any areas for improvement, makes this review a valuable resource for readers and authors alike.
Abinandha PS
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Abinandha PS »

There are plenty of classic children’s novels on the First and Second World Wars, but there has never been one like this. This is a story that has never been told but deserves to be celebrated and shared. Now or Never recounts the events surrounding the Dunkirk evacuation but through the eyes of an Indian soldier, Fazal Khan, who volunteered to be part of the Royal Indian Army Service Corps. Early on Khan sees the parallels between the mules, which are used to transport supplies, and the men in his division. ‘We are beasts of burden, leading beasts of burden for King and Empire’.

The narrative is constantly interrupted by the aerial attacks by the Luftwaffe, and the reader sees how relentless these were. ‘Imagine being so worn out, so disorientated, that you stand in the open watching on, as death wails and caterwauls towards you like some demonic banshee, and you don’t even blink’.  The depth of language and the vivid imagery Rai creates is extraordinary.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

This is a compelling and thought provoking book. Thank you for the beautiful review .
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Silverblood Promise
Bookshelf Size: 2292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Faking Fairytales by Aimie O'Callahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

I can completely understand when one reaches the end of the road and decides to take some action. Being a mother is not easy, and many people just expect you to do your job without showing any appreciation. I hope the child was promptly found as I would be sad to see the mother being punished for taking action like that.
Mahimil Chishti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahimil-chishti.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Mahimil Chishti »

Congratulations on BOTD. "Now or Never" is the story of a fed-up wife and mother who goes on strike with drastic consequences. Jennifer is fed up with her role as a servant to her husband and three children. This needed journey from home and marriage provides a chance to recover who she expected to be at this stage of her life. My favorite aspect of this book was the bravery, Jen had to overcome the obstacles in her family. She had to look at the big picture of her family and how the dynamics affected all of them before she knew the path she had to follow. This heart-wrenching book will have you on an emotional roller-coaster, a ride of deep struggle and absorbing love you won't soon forget.
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

"Mom will do it. She always does." This is a statement that many assume and take most women for granted in many countries all over the world. However, I feel change is coming and already exists. When God created Eve, He did not create her to be Adam’s servant, or inferior. He created her as a companion. Every woman’s value is the same as every man’s as both were created in the image of God.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Marlie Kamba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Marlie Kamba »

I love the review it's a well explained and very precise one I really enjoyed it and looking forward to reading the book.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dalia Chf »

This sounds like a great read. Women do the most and suffer the most and most men don’t even realize it. Being a mom is a full time job, you never get a holiday, so I’m definitely rooting for this mom! Good to know it’s also fast paced. Thanks for highlighting that!! Loved the review!
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Now or Never by Mary Wasche illuminates the struggles married women face because they are unsupported in their homes. We follow Jennifer Davis as she rebels against her family.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”