Review of Now or Never

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Review of Now or Never

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

Across various places and cultures, there appears to be an expectation that household responsibilities, along with the intricate details, primarily rest on the shoulders of women. This remains consistent regardless of whether a woman is the primary breadwinner. It's as if household chores and other duties are assigned to women by default.

I vehemently oppose this idea, which is why I find this book incredibly inviting. I just hope nothing unfortunate happens to Charlie. I am also curious to see if Jennifer's departure will bring about any changes in her husband and teenage children.
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thank you for the great review. This is a book I definitely want to read. I feel for Jennifer Davis in that sometimes, mothers can be taken for granted, especially in cases where family members do not appreciate the work put in running a home. I like that Jennifer ran away to find some solace and let her family miss her; maybe they'd appreciate that her presence in the home is critical. The plot with the son, Charlie, going missing adds some thrill to this story. I applaud the author for bracing the issue of underappreciated housewives and mothers in today's society.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I would love to read Jennifer's story, see what unexpected, life-changing events her decisions brought about, and, of course, find out what happened to two-year-old Charlie. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Mary Wasche has crafted a compelling narrative in "Now or Never," delving into the complexities of modern family dynamics. Jennifer's journey resonates deeply, showcasing the struggle many women face in balancing personal fulfillment with societal expectations. Congrats on the BOTD.
BHUMI D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhumi-d.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by BHUMI D »

Your review succinctly outlines "Now or Never," showcasing its relatable themes and compelling characters. It touches on the relatable aspect of self-doubt stemming from decisions made for the greater good. I'm intrigued to see Charlie's fate and if Jennifer's family acknowledges her efforts and respects her.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
Kirui Collins
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

I feel mother's play a very big role in families and ought to be appreciated. Congrats on the BOTD.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Mary Wasche's "Now or Never" is a thought-provoking narrative that skillfully navigates the complexities of motherhood, marriage, and personal identity. Jennifer's journey serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of self-discovery and asserting one's needs in the pursuit of happiness.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Now or Never by Mary Wasche is a fictional book about Jennifer, a wife and mother, who is fed up with being taken for granted by her family. She decides to remedy the situation by running away with her toddler son to a campsite. Then her son goes missing. Wow! This is an intriguing storyline, and I'd love to know what happens in Jennifer's life. Does she find her missing son and does she gain the respect and love of her family? Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I have read this book and learnt that women play a crucial role in a family set-up, which is usually downplayed. It's time everyone learnt to appreciate women like Jennifer, who feel overwhelmed with the work at home.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

Women are seldom appreciated for the important role they play in the family. I do not think Jennifer was being selfish as no one likes to be neglected at all. I look forward to reading more, I hope Charlie is safely found. Beautiful review.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ajain12 »

"Now or Never" by Mary Wasche offers a gripping tale of a woman's rebellion against societal expectations. With relatable characters and realistic settings, it's a compelling read for various audiences.
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

What a great review! Not only uis it thought provoking, but also entertaining. I am looking forward to read this book. Thanks for the detailed review!
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by grace ruhara »

Though it's perceived that the woman responsibility is taking care of the house and her children and husband she should not forget herself in the process.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

A book that blends adventure, suspense, as well as crime and mystery thrills seems to be quite engaging and fun to read. I'll read the book to find out whether Jennifer conquered her troubles .... congratulations on being the BOTD
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Sara Rispo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-rispo.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sara Rispo »

I believe this is not the right book for me, but surely readers will find it an inspirational and thoughtful reading experience. Congrats on BOTD!!
"Please, my dear, don't burn yourself to keep them warm".

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”