Review of Now or Never

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review of Now or Never

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Jennifer's decision to leave her family and teach them a lesson for the wrong they have done seems situational and under heavy emotions, and the portrayal of characters in this story sounds relevant to real-life stories.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your detailed and thoughtful review of "Now or Never" by Mary Wasche. Your analysis of the characters and storyline provides valuable insight into the themes and dynamics portrayed in the book. It's interesting to see how different readers interpret the actions and motivations of the main characters, particularly Jennifer's journey towards self-discovery and independence. Your feedback on the writing style, setting, and character development offers a well-rounded perspective on the book. Readers seeking a relatable tale of family dynamics and personal growth may find this novel captivating.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Being a wife, mother of three, and homemaker is not an easy life like some people assume. Moms are "on duty" 24/7 and usually expected to meet everyone's needs. It is often a thankless job, and I can understand why Jennifer Davis feels like the family servant. To make it even worse, her family members don't even acknowledge her at times. Time for a reality check and a reset! After reading a book sample, I didn't want to stop reading. I enjoyed the thorough book review filled with thoughtful comments.
Deborah Campion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-campion.html
Latest Review: Bone Necklace by Julia Sullivan

Post by Deborah Campion »

I'm glad I read the whole review. The sample reading Amazon offered didn't get to the part where Charlie was gone. Now I definitely will go back and read the entire book. I agree with the reviewer about how well-matched this story is to the actual expectations many families place on the other members of the family. Dad works, pays bills, mows the lawn. Teenagers do whatever they can get away with. Mom cleans up after all of it.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"Now or Never" by Mary Wasche follows Jennifer Davis as she rebels against her family's neglect, running away with her son, Charlie, to a snowy campground in Minnesota. As authorities search for Charlie, Jennifer questions her actions and desires a life where she's loved and respected. The book portrays relatable family dynamics and raises important questions about roles and responsibilities. Despite minor formatting issues, it earns a perfect 5-star rating for its engaging plot and valuable lessons on relationships. Recommended for fans of romance, adventure, and crime-thriller genres, as well as couples raising children and older teenagers. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Devesh Patel
Currently Reading: Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devesh-patel.html
Latest Review: Passion Struck by John R. Miles

Post by Devesh Patel »

Wasche's "Now or Never" offers a compelling narrative that delves into the challenges and self-discovery of Jennifer Davis, prompting reflection on family dynamics, responsibilities, and personal fulfillment, wrapped in a suspenseful and heartfelt story.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

This sounds intriguing. I think this book is spot on with this real life scenario. In many cases I've heard over the years, the men think the wife at home does nothing and has an relaxing time, where they work to support that house financially. Which is definitely not the case. I'm curious to see if the authorities finds Charlie as well as what impact this whole running away has on the family.
Thanks for an insightful review. Congrats on BOTD.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

Feeling taken advantage of is a great problem and it can have a dreadful impact on the family. I am sad so many people feel and live this way, and am glad that all in all, Jennifer decided to take control of the problem. I think it will be humorous too. I would love to read it.
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

Your in-depth analysis of "Now or Never" by Mary Wasche is both insightful and thorough. Your observation about the relatability of Jennifer's character to many women in society today highlights the author's success in crafting a fictional tale that resonates with real-life challenges.

The vivid imagery you described, from the snowy forest to the family dynamics, adds depth to your review, emphasizing the book's realistic portrayal of its setting and characters. Your candid assessment of the family dynamics, including your dislike for Dan's egotistical nature, adds a personal touch to your evaluation.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an intriguing book that several women can relate to and contains vivid descriptions, romance and crime. Thank you for your review!
Ldcassity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ldcassity »

Now or never by Mary Wasche truly shows how alot of women are looked at and treated in society. Being able to break free of that to find yourself is something everybody needs every once in a while in life.
Richard Kinyua
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Richard Kinyua »

I like the way the book has been compiled about Jennifer and how she's looking for her real meaning.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The premise of 'Now or Never' by Mary Wasche seems to delve into the complexities of familial dynamics, particularly the often-overlooked struggles of women who feel taken for granted. Jennifer's rebellion against societal norms, as depicted in the book, reflects the challenges many women face in balancing personal desires with family responsibilities. The vivid descriptions of the snowy forest setting and relatable family dynamics add depth to the narrative, making it an intriguing read.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Crime, romance, a woman taking back her own life and how she sorts all this out is in “Now or Never” by Mary Wasche.
Jenn is a very likable and relatable character from the first paragraph in the book. She feels that her family takes her for granted and decides to change her life!
The wonderful review outlines that the story gets much more adventurous from there. What person, man or woman, has not thought of leaving IT all behind? In this story you get to see how it all goes for Jenn.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

"Now or Never" offers a reminder of the importance of self-worth and the need to assert one's identity beyond societal roles. It's a powerful narrative that challenges the status quo and empowers women to reclaim their agency in defining their lives.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”