Review of Smiles for the Holidays

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of Smiles for the Holidays

Post by Chinenye Sus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Smiles for the Holidays" by Nancy O'Meara.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Smiles for the Holidays by Nancy O'Meara is a wonderful collection of short stories that talks about the festive world of Christmas. This book is a heartwarming addition to holiday literature. I love the joy it can bring to readers during the holiday season.

Smiles for the Holidays is a compilation of short stories that capture the essence of the holiday season. It contains seven short stories that feature various characters, including elves, reindeer, customer service representatives, and more, all with their own unique roles during Christmas. These stories range from amusing mishaps in Santa's Winter Wonderland to whimsical encounters in a department store. They paint a vivid picture of the magic and merriment that surround the festive period.

I love the satirical nature of the book. I was so happy reading it. The book has originality, as seen in things such as a reindeer's accidental transformation or quirky customer interactions with perplexing holiday gifts. This originality is something that I enjoyed, and I am sure that many others will find it very captivating. The characters chosen by the author in this book are perfect and developed according to the book’s purpose, which is to give readers short, humorous stories.

There was nothing to dislike in Smiles for the Holidays. The stories are short and satirical, making it a joyous read. You can literally read this book anywhere you are and have a good laugh. I was practically reading the stories as I participated in other activities because they were so captivating.

There was only one minor error I found in this book while reading it, so it is clear that it was exceptionally and professionally edited. Like I mentioned in the paragraph above, there was nothing I did not like about this book, and the book made me very joyful, so I am rating Smiles for the Holidays 5 out of 5 stars. This book is suitable for all readers, but I will recommend it to young adults and children.

Smiles for the Holidays
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”