Review of Isabel's Starry Night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Dyson's Destiny by C R Siemon

Review of Isabel's Starry Night

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Isabel's Starry Night" by Wanda Webster & Richard Marcus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Isabel's Starry Night: The Magical Quest for Alchemy authored by Wanda Webster and Richard M., unfolds the tale of Isabel Hotchkiss, a young woman who, at the age of 21, vehemently opposes the celebration of her birthday. Despite her request, her parents' reluctance to comply becomes a source of frustration for Isabel. This discontent propels her on an impromptu road trip, originally planned for a later date. As the story unwraps, Isabel finds herself on a journey that transforms into a magical experience. This adventure is loaded with unexpected encounters. Join Isabel in her fascinating quest for alchemy. Join her as she navigates through captivating events, intriguing individuals, and mesmerizing places on her transformative journey.

This book means more to me than just a fictional story because every journey Isabel takes holds important messages in her quest for alchemy. I learned valuable lessons, especially about relating well with people we know and even strangers we barely interact with.

I liked quite a number of things about this book. Firstly, the vivid descriptions of the places painted a detailed picture, enhancing the overall experience. The straightforward grammar made it easy to follow, and the engaging storyline kept me hooked. The clever use of occasional pictures to illustrate characters and scenes added a brilliant visual dimension to the narrative, making the reading experience even more enjoyable.

While there wasn't much to dislike about this book, one improvement could be the addition of a glossary. This would help readers from different continents who may not be familiar with certain words, allowing them to fully enjoy the reading experience. Despite noticing a few grammatical errors, they were minor and did not hinder the author's message, indicating that this book was professionally edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because, beyond being an interesting fictional journey of a young adult, this book contains transformational messages that could pertain to people struggling with finding themselves and being at peace with themselves and everyone around them.

I recommend this book to enthusiasts of short adventure tales; it offers a truly engaging experience. While it could have been suitable for a broad age range of readers, I advise caution due to the presence of profanity. Therefore, I suggest it be read by older teens and adults who can better navigate and appreciate the content.

Isabel's Starry Night
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Lots of times parents don't understand and that leads them to ignore their children's wishes. I'm glad that Isabel was able to take the situation into her own hands and make it what she wanted it to be. Thanks.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

I learned how to relate well with everyone that comes my way. Thanks for the review.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

Wanda Webster and Richard Marcus' Isabel's Starry Night offer a lovely premise. I'm curious what prompted Isabel's refusal to celebrate her birthday. I'm intrigued by young Isabel's story, which has a touch of philosophy. Congratulations to the authors.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”