Review of The Reluctant Godfather

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Review of The Reluctant Godfather

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Reluctant Godfather" by Allison Tebo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reluctant Godfather by Allison Tebo is a captivating novel that will take readers on a journey into the land of fairytales. It is a wonderful retelling of the Cinderella fairytale told from the godfather's perspective.

Burndee was a 25-year-old fairy godfather who was not very fond of his job. Other fairies had a lot of godchildren, but he only had two. They were Prince Colin and Ella. Ella was a good-natured girl who lived with her stepmother and stepsister, Portia. They maltreated her. Prince Colin's father, King Alfred, wanted him to get married and was throwing a royal ball. This gave Burndee an idea. He decided to send Ella to the ball and to make Prince Colin marry her. This way, he would be killing two birds with one stone. Did things go as planned?

Growing up, I enjoyed reading and watching fairytales. The story of Cinderella was my favorite fairytale, so I enjoyed every single moment I spent reading this book. I could not drop it down, and I finished it in quite a short while. Burndee was my favorite character. No matter how he felt about his duties as a fairy godfather, he still cared about his godchildren. I also found him amusing.

The author did a fantastic job retelling a popular fairytale. She did an excellent job, and I applaud her imagination. I liked that the author used a fairy godfather instead of a fairy godmother. I also liked that the story was told from the perspective of the fairy godfather. I found it refreshing. The writing style was another aspect I liked; it was quite easy to understand. I flowed easily with the book. It felt like I was a part of the fairytale instead of just a reader. Also, the editing was impeccable, as I encountered no errors.

For these reasons, I believe that the novel deserves 5 out of 5 stars. There was absolutely nothing to dislike. It was an entertaining book. I recommend this book to lovers of fairytales.

The Reluctant Godfather
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinenye Obido
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-obido.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinenye Obido »

“ Allison Tebo’s” novel masterfully weaves humor and heart into a captivating story that keeps readers eagerly turning pages until the very end.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

"The Reluctant Godfather" by Allison Tebo sounds like a delightful and captivating retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale from a fresh perspective. The protagonist, Burndee, adds a unique twist to the familiar story as a fairy godfather who reluctantly embarks on a mission to help his godchildren. The reviewer's enthusiasm for the book, stemming from their love of fairy tales, suggests that the novel successfully captures the magic and charm of the original story while offering a fresh and entertaining narrative. The author's imagination and creativity in reimagining the fairy tale with a fairy godfather and from his perspective are commendable, as is the engaging writing style and impeccable editing. Overall, "The Reluctant Godfather" seems to be a charming and well-crafted novel that will enchant readers of all ages, earning it a perfect rating and a strong recommendation for fairy tale enthusiasts. As a prospective reader, I'm intrigued by the promise of an imaginative twist on a beloved classic and the reviewer's glowing endorsement of the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”