Review of The Saga of a Modern Day Lot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 519
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of The Saga of a Modern Day Lot

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Saga of a Modern Day Lot" by Morris A Matthews.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Saga of Modern Day Lot is an exhilarating novel that tells the story of Hubert Alexander. He is a successful marketing executive. On the surface, he is a man who seems to have it all: a good wife, a great career, and a great group of friends. His life is enviable and depicts success. However, Hubert's life decisions are not always the best. He is ruled by over-confidence, and even his mother's attempts to get him to turn his life to Christ went unheeded. His life would, however, take a drastic turn when he meets Christina Douglas, a co-worker and a recent hire at J. Marshal Marketing. Clayton, also known as C-Nice, does not help Hubert’s case. Hubert soon finds himself in a tough place and is forced to make a life-altering choice to salvage his family and financial status.

Morris A. Matthew is a brilliant writer who has beautifully crafted this masterpiece. The opening chapter is a foreshadowing of what is to happen. He then cuts the story to give us an account of Hubert's life. We meet characters such as Donovan, Hubert's best friend and husband to his baby mama Adrian. We also meet the graceful Shayla, Hubert's wife. We are given a snippet of the kind of person Hubert is, which lays a foundation for the development of the plot. The story includes themes of love, infidelity, betrayal, loss, and grief. The author intended to jolt the reader into understanding that every choice has a consequence.

There was plenty to love about this book. The author’s delivery and description of events are on point. The book also contains unforeseen twists that had me on the edge. The language is easy. He effortlessly delivered his message without being vulgar, considering the sensitivity of his topics, which I found commendable. I also loved Mrs. Alexander’s character. She is portrayed as a loving mother and an authentic Christian. She is affectionate, and I could feel her warmth and genuine love for people throughout all her encounters.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The book has lessons that I believe we can all learn from. Even though the book has included scriptural references, anyone can enjoy reading this book as it is relatable to modern-day individuals. The biggest lesson is that we can choose to do the right thing to avoid dealing with piling consequences later.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys action-packed thrillers.

The Saga of a Modern Day Lot
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Payal_Nayak_109
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Payal_Nayak_109 »

I know this book called ( The Saga Of Modern Day Lot ) I loved this book when I was young

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”