Review of Voices In Her Head

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Review of Voices In Her Head

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Voices In Her Head" by Nancy A Davies.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book begins with a tragic car accident that takes the lives of the entire Bates family. The Bates family resided in the same neighborhood as the Dial family, which includes Mr. Michael Dial, his wife Eve Dial, and their children Devin and Nina Dial. Both parents are dedicated to their work, often spending long hours away from home. Devin, the older of the two siblings, keeps busy with activities alongside his friend Jonathan. However, Nina struggles to make friends following the tragic loss of Justin and Ashley Bates.

Nina feels isolated and seeks comfort from her father, who doesn't provide satisfactory answers to her questions about death. Nina discovers that she can communicate with Justin and Ashley's spirits, which she initially sees as an advantage. She enjoys spending time with them and is happy to have them as her companions. She even invites them to join her at school. Gradually, the other kids and her teacher find her behavior rather unsettling. She begins to get bullied for being weird. Justin and Ashley interfere with Nina's thoughts and actions, which lands her in trouble at school and gets serious in high school.

For all these years, her parents have noticed the inconsistencies. Her teacher, Ms. Baines, has also alerted Nina's parents about her peculiar demeanor. Worried about their daughter, they turn to a psychiatrist and a priest for help. Is Nina gifted or cursed? Will she ever be able to live a peaceful life, or will her friends' spirits control her forever? To find out, I recommend reading Voices in Her Head by Nancy A. Davies.

Voices in Her Head blends faith and demons seamlessly in the story of Nina and her family. I appreciate how she draws attention to our detached lives caused by our general ignorance, lack of acceptance of faith, and insufficient quality time with our loved ones and society. Throughout the plot, the author addresses issues like loneliness, depression, anxiety, the absence of real friends, isolation, and unimaginable crimes committed by young children. Sadly, these problems are merely news pieces, with no one addressing the causes or offering remedies. The book makes you pause and contemplate the possible circumstances that give rise to such odd and disturbing behavior. It serves to create awareness and keep us grounded.

After reading the book, I can confidently say that I have nothing negative to say about it. In the beginning, the plot employs fear to instill faith, but the author also explores other facets of faith, giving a more comprehensive view. I must say that Nancy's writing style is engaging and effectively conveys the message. The book's premise, relatable characters, and believable circumstances give the impression that the book may have been inspired by genuine occurrences. Overall, it was a refreshing read with very few errors. I commend the editors for doing a good job. Considering all the above points, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

The use of profanity makes the book unsuitable for all age groups. Nonetheless, the book has takeaways for all ages. Some parts of the book are sensitive, so parents or guardians can convey the message to younger kids as deemed appropriate. Young, impressionable minds are vulnerable and require gentle care and guidance, especially during their formative years. Parents, educators, and society as a whole must remain constantly aware and alert when raising a generation with values that will stay with them forever.

Voices In Her Head
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review seems helpful and sufficient, providing a detailed summary of the book's plot and themes. It includes positive remarks about the author's writing style, relatable characters, and the book's ability to create awareness and make readers contemplate important issues. The reviewer rates it 5 out of 5 stars, indicating a high level of satisfaction. However, the review points out that the book may not be suitable for all age groups due to the use of profanity. Overall, it appears to be a good addition to a library, especially for those interested in exploring faith, loneliness, and the impact of tragedy on individuals.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Maniacs, Monsters and a Bump in the Night by G. Richard Evans

Post by Kristin Cowan »

While studying psychology, I often questioned how to distinguish between hallucinations vs. visions or something paranormal. This sounds like an interesting book!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”