Review of You Speak for Me Now

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Review of You Speak for Me Now

Post by Seetha E »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Speak for Me Now" by Sandy Graham.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Emma Simon is deaf and lives in a world of silence. Johnny McEwan's world revolves around music. Emma is an introvert, while John is an extrovert. Emma has a strong character and keeps her inner conflicts to herself, whereas John thrives in a crowd. Emma is a keen observer who responds only after thoroughly examining all aspects, while John is highly opinionated and tends to jump to conclusions. Despite their seemingly opposite personalities, these intelligent and attractive classmates grew to become a couple who perfectly complimented each other.

They started a thriving business at a very young age and eventually got married. However, John's strong opinions and unafraid nature to voice them out landed him on the wrong side of the politically powerful groups. Soon, the family got dragged into the mess, and what was once a flourishing business began to suffer. The marriage also started to crumble, and surviving another day was a challenge.

Will Johnny McEwan pursue his aspiration of liberating America or abandon it for his family? Will Emma be his rock of support, or will she flee the sinking ship to salvage what is left of her family? How does the role reversal mentioned in the description find a footing in this plot? You can find out by picking up a copy of You Speak for Me Now, written by Sandy Graham.

This novel takes you on an emotionally gripping journey through a meticulously crafted plot featuring John, a strong-willed character who sets out to tackle real-world issues. Against the backdrop of present-day situations, the story is incredibly thought-provoking. The world is rife with discrimination based on race and gender. Wars are fought for land rather than the people who live on it. The economic disparity allows a rich minority to dominate the world at the expense of the remaining majority, who can barely make ends meet. These aspects act as motivation for the actions of each character. These motivations will make the reader reassess their priorities while voting for a leader. This book also highlights the role of social media and mass media in influencing citizens. Peter’s character is endearing. The author’s writing style succeeds in eliciting emotions, evoking happy and sad tears in several instances.

The strength and courage of the characters to stand up against what is wrong make this an inspiring read. You will be forced to rethink the role of the government, the concept of governance, and the power held by people who can vote. The plot twists are captivating, making it a true page-turner. The writing style is simple and immensely engaging.

It was an added delight that the book had just two minor errors, which did not distract me. I can confidently say that the editors have done an amazing job. I do not have anything negative to say about this book. Hence, I feel justified in awarding it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I would recommend this well-paced novel to all mature readers who enjoy fiction. It is emotional and thought-provoking. This book is not suitable for young readers due to the presence of profanity.

You Speak for Me Now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review appears to be helpful as it provides a detailed overview of the book's plot, characters, and themes. It also highlights the emotional and thought-provoking aspects of the story. The review seems sufficient in providing enough information to make an informed decision about purchasing the book. It is likely to motivate readers who enjoy fiction and are interested in social issues. From the reviewer's perspective, the book appears to be a good addition to anyone's library.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Fatola Fatai »

I appreciate how Graham crafted an emotional and thought-provoking story that portrays contrasting personalities in Emma and John with bigger societal issues around discrimination, economic disparities, the role of government, and the influence of media.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A Toast to Travel by Fraser Beath McEwing

Post by Nancy004 »

You Speak for Me Now by Sandy Graham offers an emotionally gripping and thought-provoking journey through real-world issues. With captivating plot twists and strong characters, this well-paced novel inspires readers to rethink governance and the power of voting.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

The description of John and Emma immediately caught my interest. It will be interesting to read how they complement each other, and already now I feel sad thinking about what could make their unity crumble. I wonder about the setting which is described as thought-provoking. The review makes me want to read this book.
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

Thank you for this insightful review! Your detailed analysis and enthusiasm have piqued my interest in "You Speak for Me Now." The intriguing dynamics between Emma and Johnny, combined with the thought-provoking themes, make it sound like a truly captivating read. I appreciate you highlighting the emotional depth and societal relevance the novel brings. Thanks, again!
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Iron Pigs by Nathan Dunlap
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and insightful review of "You Speak for Me Now" by Sandy Graham. The complex dynamics between Emma and John sound truly compelling, especially how their differing personalities interplay in the face of personal and societal challenges. The exploration of real-world issues and the characters' responses to them seems thought-provoking and relevant. Your articulate analysis of the book's themes, character development, and plot twists makes it a must-read. Your perfect 5-star rating speaks volumes about the book's quality—it's clear that it left a lasting impression on you.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Hidden Burglar by Jacquel Clark

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The story explores contemporary and socially relevant subjects by fusing romance and politics. It appears to explore how an unconventional pair matures and evolves into their relationship as they navigate the complexities of real-world challenges.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy
Bookshelf Size: 2417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: The Perfect Life by Anne Callahan
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

While thought-provoking, this book's political aspect is not something I usually enjoy. However, I like exploring how different people like Johnny and Emma connect —opposites do attract— and how their roles could reverse. Thank you for your review!
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

Sandy Graham's portrayal of the problems Emma and Johnny endure is superb. They come together despite having quite different personalities. Emma's approach to dealing with life's challenges was inspirational. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the captivating novel; incredible plot and engaging writing skills. Congrats on being today's BOTD!
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Sandy Graham is an amazing author. I read their book "Life Shattered". I was captivated and inspired. Your review tells me that this book will be the same. The story of a hearing-impaired girl and her outspoken boyfriend is well crafted by Sandy Graham, I am sure. I have added this book to my bookshelves. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Jaidyn Taylor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaidyn-taylor.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Jaidyn Taylor »

The review did a perfect job describing the feelings from this book. I was hooked after reading the sample, and concur with everything the reviewer said. This will be a good book to finish.
Magdalyne Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magdalyne-samuel.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Magdalyne Samuel »

This review gives a clear summary of the book's plot, characters, and themes. It highlights its emotional impact, making it appealing to fiction lovers interested in social issues. It's a recommended addition to any library. Amazing review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”