Review of Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Mrs. Ashley's First BBC by Mr and Mrs BCFlyers2016

Review of Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul" by Virginia Hoyt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book ‘Merlin’s Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul’, written by Virginia Hoyt, is an interesting tale woven from magic and mystery. Lucas Moreno has a nightmare where his friend, Ryan Casey, is shot in a terrorist attack. This turns out to be real, as Ryan lays comatose under his mother’s watch.

Lucas meets up with Des, Maya, and Karen. They have similar magic rings forged by Merlin, who informs them of the impending doom caused by Mordred, who wants to take control over the world. To defeat him, they have to find the ‘Willing Soul’ and turn him to the side of good before the dark powers take over him.

I like Lucas’s personality, as he’s the most observant among the Crusaders. He equally exhibits good leadership qualities. Again, I like Vivi’s character, such that, despite being young, she has the ability to learn how to cast spells quickly. She’s determined to set things right and hardly doubts she can achieve something. In this book, I learned that adopting a humble and respectful manner of approach towards people endears one to all. This is seen in the case of Merlin and the Crusaders, including the elves and mermen at Atlantis. I’m fascinated with their magic rings, which enable them to travel anywhere in a whirlwind, just in a matter of seconds. I like how united the Crusaders were, despite their minor differences.

I didn’t find anything to dislike about this book. I spotted a few errors that did not affect my reading flow. The author uses an easy conversational tone to narrate the sequence of events. Again, as I was reading the book, I felt like I was in the magical world with the Crusaders, fighting battles against the dark forces that be.

I rate it a solid 5 out of 5 stars, as there’s no reason to reduce it whatsoever. I would recommend it to readers who love tales of magic, action, and mystery with a touch of humour.

Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

Your review of "Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul" by Virginia Hoyt is captivating! It sounds like an engaging tale filled with magic, mystery, and camaraderie. The characters' personalities and the lessons you've taken from the book make it seem even more intriguing. It's great that the few errors didn't affect your reading flow and that you felt immersed in the magical world. Your 5-star rating and recommendation for fantasy lovers make it sound like a must-read!
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I never pass stories about Merlin. They are intriguing and thrilling. Now, will Modred be defeated? I can't wait to read the plot twist.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I don't like reading stories about magic and mysteries due to my belief and religion. I would consider passing along "Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul" by Virginia Hoyt.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul" by Virginia Hoyt appears to be an excellent read. The reviewer praises the interesting storyline woven with magic and mystery. They commend the well-developed characters, particularly Lucas and Vivi, who exhibit admirable qualities. The reviewer appreciates the humble approach of the characters, which fosters unity among them and with other magical beings. The easy conversational tone and immersive experience make it an engaging book. With a solid 5 out of 5 star rating, it is highly recommended for readers who enjoy magic, action, and mystery with a touch of humor.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

This book looks like an interesting science fiction. I would definitely be adding it to my to be read list. Thanks for such an insightful review. Well done.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

This is an interesting extension of the Merlin movie. I’d love to grab a copy to get in-depth insights into the book. Kudos for a great review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I've watched the Merlin movie. But this is my first time of coming across it in a book. I like the plot of this fantasy novel. I think I'll enjoy it greatly.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

Given my personal beliefs and preferences, stories involving magic and mysteries don't usually align with my reading interests. Therefore, I might consider passing along "Merlin's Rings: Book Two: The Willing Soul" by Virginia Hoyt.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

This is an intriguing follow-up to the Merlin film. To learn more about the book in-depth, I would really like to get a copy. Bravo for a fantastic review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice book but I will give this a pass. Thanks for the review it was engaging and some splendid.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”