Review of Herron Fisher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kyle Sutheran
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Moore Kraus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-sutheran.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
fav_author_id: 258142
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 272%

Review of Herron Fisher

Post by Kyle Sutheran »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Herron Fisher" by Jeremiah Shipley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Jeremiah Shipley's thrilling book Herron Fisher, readers are swept away on an electrifying adventure with the main character, Herron Fisher, as he joins his parents on a dangerous expedition. Guided by his father, Larry Fisher, the family's journey takes a dramatic twist when Herron is tasked with helping to capture their target. But when Herron's attempt goes awry, he returns to camp only to venture out again that night to redeem himself, only to be unexpectedly abducted! Who has taken him? And what are their intentions?

The story kicks off with Herron and his family embarking on a week-long journey to their destination. As the sun sets one evening, they decide to set up camp. Herron's father, Larry, challenges him to take charge and hunt for their dinner. After a failed attempt, Herron feels disheartened and heads back to camp. But determined to prove himself, he sets out to hunt on his own. However, a sudden turn of events leaves Herron in a state of fear and uncertainty. What unfolds next? To uncover the gripping tale, I suggest getting your hands on a copy of this book!

This book has numerous outstanding qualities. I particularly appreciated the author's use of vivid and descriptive language, such as the phrase "Cloudburst rolled over the path of travelers," which was skillfully integrated into the novel. The character development was also a strong aspect, with Herron's transformation being particularly noteworthy. Initially depicted as a shy twelve-year-old, he undergoes significant growth and becomes a capable fighter, which evoked strong emotions in me. While the book started off a bit slowly, it quickly gained momentum and kept me engaged with its escalating drama. I thoroughly enjoyed the action-packed nature of the story, and the theme of determination and thrills resonated with me. Towards the end, I found myself genuinely concerned for Herron's well-being. Overall, I found the book to be a compelling and thrilling read.

Regarding the drawbacks, I found that the book had a slow start initially, but it picked up momentum as I progressed through the middle of chapter one. I didn't come across any errors, which allowed me to fully immerse myself in the book, its characters, and the overall content. Apart from the slow start mentioned, there's nothing else to dislike about the book.

In summary, I would rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. Although I found the slow start a bit challenging and initially questioned whether I wanted to continue, I'm glad I stuck with it. This is why I deducted one star from the rating. I'm eagerly anticipating more books from this author. Given the themes and language used, I believe the book will resonate with adult readers who enjoy a captivating novel filled with drama and action. It's definitely a must-read.

Herron Fisher
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
K. Sutheran :techie-studyingbrown:
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Your review made me hooked with this book. Thank you for your detailed review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Your review of "Herron Fisher" by Jeremiah Shipley is detailed and insightful. I like how you've given a brief but intriguing overview of the plot, sparking curiosity about Herron's adventurous journey. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”