Review of Random Thoughts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Random Thoughts

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Random Thoughts" by Raymond Grant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "Random Thoughts: Short Stories for Your Amusement and Thoughts," written by Raymond Grant, you will come across stories that border on personal and societal concerns, like fond memories, child delinquency, death, loss, romance, and scientific explorations. You will also read about some observed societal activities that might pose some drastic consequences in the near future if left unchecked. You will often laugh, sometimes get sad, and then find yourself pondering some things as you transit from one short story to another.

I appreciated the overall brevity of the stories and then the vivid word choices and captivating narration, all of which made every second of each read memorable. The suspense in "A Strange Feeling" struck me hard. Most of the stories resonated with me because I happen to have experienced them at some point in my life. The line, "I enjoyed the give-and-take, the back-and-forth, the up-and-down, and even the diagonals of talking," got me laughing. I know exactly what that means and the magical effects of treats in "curing" such "misconduct."

It was great reading the short story titled "The Intimate Guitar." I loved the healthy, organic energy that flowed between Lara and Roberto. The two did great in managing an otherwise saddening incident and turning it into something amazing. "Queues and Stop Lights" got me thinking about certain actions and activities in our society and what their deeper implications could be. I felt bad reading "The Job Interview." The incident narrated here is a reminder that even a single misbehavior from a single individual is a potential threat to our collective wellbeing and survival.

However, I would like the author to fix the following issues: First, the story titled "A 21st Century Perspective" is repeated in the book (page 15 of 73 and page 23 of 73). Again, some blank spaces need to be cleared (pages 8/9 of 73 and pages 19/20 of 73). Lastly, although this book is well edited, with just a few grammatical errors, I will still appreciate it if those are cleared up in a subsequent edition.

I rate "Random Thoughts: Short Stories for Your Amusement and Thoughts" four out of five stars for the well-crafted stories and the various emotions and lessons they come with. I removed a star due to the aforementioned concerns. This book is a perfect choice for lovers of short stories and for those looking for well-written literature to pass the time with.

Random Thoughts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Clara Mujangi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Clara Mujangi »

That's a good book right rhere❤️from child deliquency to romance and childhood memories...a good transition indeed.Hats off to the Authors and Writer
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

As readers journey through the stories, they're likely to laugh, feel poignant moments, and engage in contemplation, seamlessly transitioning between tales that prompt reflection on both individual and societal aspects of life.
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Aleena Augustine »

After reading this review, I'm intrigued by the diverse themes covered in the book. Your vivid descriptions and personal connections to the stories make me eager to delve into this collection. Thanks for sharing your insights!
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”