Review of People are delicious

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau

Review of People are delicious

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "People are delicious" by Jason Earley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

People Are Delicious by Jason Earley is a synthesis of various unique short stories. It started with “Once upon a time in America,” which told the tale of children born out of wedlock. It then progressed to “A Contemporary Romance," which is about a womanizer who finally finds true love. Also, the story of “Adolph in the 21st century,“ who was taken and tried in court for alleged crimes, was incorporated. “People are Delicious” told the story of a hater of mankind who was embraced by alien rednecks. Finally, to end his story collection, the author presented us with over 100 stand-up comedy pieces that would make you laugh to your heart out, titled “If This Doesn’t Make You Laugh, You Have to Be Resuscitated." His short story might have ended but the author didn’t stop there. Using a few dialogues, the author gives his insightful opinion about our spiritual lives.

The author was really particular about his description in this book. He was detailed to the core. His detailed description made it easy for me to implore my sense of imagery with respect to the alien planet. Initially, it was a little bit sketchy in my head  but with time, I could make sense of all that was occurring. I adored how the author beseeched the utilization of comic relief right after the story of the aliens. It was like a breath of fresh air. The last topic, “A Brief Conversation with God,” has to be my favorite. I really connected with that topic on a personal level and it subtly answered some of my questions, despite being an atheist.

I'd say overall, this is a great read. It lacked grammatical errors and was properly punctuated where necessary. I rate it 4 out of 5. I think the author needs to work more on his organization. The book lacked proper organization. There was no proper sequence. Understandably, it consists of short stories but I believed they should have been presented in a better way.

It's a collection of short stories so just about anybody can read it but most specifically those with an interest in how aliens operate. If you love short stories, then check this book out.

People are delicious
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Annabell Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: Monarchy by Shirleen Moore

Post by Annabell Samuel »

I'm fascinated by the book's title. I actually expected it to be a book about how people are delicious. I did not see the part of it being a collection of short stories coming. I guess that makes it more interesting.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Story of Super Wealth by Andrew Stevenson

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

The title of this book got me laughing. However, this short story collection covers topics that are relevant to societal change and wellbeing, like the one titled "Once upon a time in America." I look forward to reading this book.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

I think I love the title. People are Delicious would make plenty people curious to know why the author chose that title. But I think a bit more design could give the cover a bit more desirability. Overall, your review seems to have properly analyzed the book. I hope the short stories would be worth the read.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Full Circle
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Terry Kimble »

Haha! That title grabs attention! I had to check out this review. I feared it might be a horror story about cannibalism! :shock: Sounds like a fun book. Short stories can be unique. I will have to add this one to my shelves. Thank you for the great review that straightens the record! :tiphat:
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

From tales of unconventional romances to thought-provoking scenarios like an individual tried for alleged crimes and a peculiar encounter with alien rednecks, Earley's storytelling prowess shines through. The book not only entertains with over 100 stand-up comedy pieces but also offers insightful reflections on our spiritual existence, providing a rich and multifaceted reading experience.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review provides a helpful overview of the book "Share People Are Delicious" and mentions its unique short stories, detailed descriptions, and comic relief. The reviewer appreciates the insightful opinion on spiritual lives and the connection made with the topic of a conversation with God. The review points out the lack of proper organization but overall rates the book positively with a 4 out of 5 and recommends it to anyone interested in short stories and aliens. It would likely motivate readers to consider adding the book to their library.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

This book seems like a diverse rollercoaster of short stories! The vivid descriptions and a blend of humor and deeper themes sound promising. Thanks for sharing your insights!
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the detailed review, it seems that "Share People Are Delicious" by Jason Earley is a good read. The reviewer appreciates the unique short stories, the author's attention to detail, and the use of comic relief. However, the organization of the book could be improved. Overall, it receives a rating of 4 out of 5, making it worth checking out, especially for those interested in alien-themed short stories.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Hey y'all! So, after reading this review of "People Are Delicious" by Jason Earley, seems like it's a pretty good read overall. The author's attention to detail and use of comic relief were appreciated. However, the organization of the book could have been better. Regardless, if you're into short stories and curious about how aliens operate, this might be worth checking out. Y'all have a great day now! Complex relationships, felt real and relatable.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Well, I reckon this book called People Are Delicious by Jason Earley seems like a mighty interesting read. According to the review, it's a collection of unique short stories that got a bit of everything - from forbidden love to alien rednecks. The author's attention to detail and descriptive writing made it easy for the reader to picture them stories in their mind. But now, there was one lil' issue with the organization, seems like the stories were a tad jumbled up, could've been presented better, y'know? Still, overall, it's a solid 4 outta 5. If y'all fancy short stories and curious about them aliens, give this book a whirl! Yeehaw! Emotional resonance, touched my heart deeply.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

I love short stories, so this one has to be a yes for me. Thanks for the review.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

I love the humour in the title of the book now that I have read the review. My first impression would be its a book about cannibalism and that would typically throw me off. It sounds like an interesting read of short stories filled with humour and that's exactly what I need right now. I'll check it out

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”