Review of Back to Bremo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kshitija Sonawane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Review of Back to Bremo

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Back to Bremo" by Debby Hall.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life has been going great. You would change nothing in your life. You think this is the sweet spot your life should always be in. You are in your comfortable bubble, being perfectly satisfied. However, one incident happens, and your life turns into pure chaos. That was what Roux was feeling.

Roux was living her life perfectly. As a lawyer, she had sent many criminals to prison, for which she was famous. However, things got very personal when her cousin, Maggie, was arrested for attempted murder of her abusive husband. After receiving this news from her mother, she took on this case to help her cousin, and a wholesome, mysterious, sad, happy story started. What was hiding for her in her hometown of Bremo? What secrets was her mother hiding? Will those secrets ruin her relationship with her mother forever? Or will it become stronger than ever? To find the answers to these questions, get a copy of Back to Bremo by Debby Hall and lose yourself to the world of reading.

The book was short. I would love to have this book handy if I were going on a five-hour train trip and had nothing to do for that time. This book is mysterious and wholesome, has a good ending, and is, overall, an excellent book.

There were a few errors in the book. However, they were insignificant and did not disrupt my reading. I found nothing wrong in this book, but it deals with matters that can be triggering, like sexual abuse, domestic abuse, and so on. Handing this book to children might not be the best idea.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars because of how good it was. The story, the execution, and the jumping between the characters’ points of view and timeline were executed flawlessly, and the author did an excellent job of capturing everyone’s emotions and feelings.

Back to Bremo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Wow, Kshitija! You found a gem of a book. I love novellas. I like when an author can get you involved right away in the plot with sufficient character development. According to your review, this story has mystery, suspense, and a big plot twist. The themes of sexual and domestic abuse will be heavy but need to be written about. Thank you for this concise and informative review. :techie-studyinggray:
devarshi_1113
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by devarshi_1113 »

Your review of "Back to Bremo" truly captures the essence of this captivating book. It's evident that the author has masterfully woven a tale filled with warmth, inspiration, and unforgettable characters. The vivid descriptions of Bremo's picturesque setting and the engaging narrative have left readers feeling as if they've been transported to the heart of the story :D :D :D

Thank you for sharing your incredible experience with this remarkable book. Your positive review not only celebrates the author's accomplishment but also encourages others to embark on this unforgettable literary adventure. Keep spreading the word about "Back to Bremo" and its inspiring message Kshitija!
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 100%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This sounds like a good and interesting short read. The suspense seems to be well-developed. I would love to grab a copy whenever I get a chance. I enjoyed your insightful review. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

Back to Bremo really intrigues me. I love novellas, but I think they're really hard to write. Indeed, it is difficult to shape interesting enough characters and plot in such a short amount of time. They often lack the attention to detail that makes me go, "wow, this book is really good."
It seems like you have found a rare gem here. I'd be happy to read more of Roux's story. Thank you for this compelling review!

(Fun fact: 'roux' actually means ginger in French, like, the hair color!)
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”