Review of Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories" by Marcus Romanzo.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories is a compilation of many different stories by Marcus Romanzo. These stories provide a peek into a world that spans crime, justice, and existential pondering. Romanzo crafts vivid scenes, immersing readers in different periods, from the 1930s to the present. His work reveals a fascination with human experiences and a compilation of tales that explore both the gritty realities of the world and the philosophical questions that linger in the background.

This book contained very few positive aspects. For instance, the character development in "The Littlest Gangster" and "The Man Who Was the Littlest Gangster" stood out as the protagonist transformed from a child caught up in crime to a justice advocate. It was also a short read.

There were a lot of things to dislike about this book. Firstly, some passages tend to be lengthy and detailed, and they seem tiring to read. The exploration of existential themes in "The Spinning Globe, Chance, Hope, and Change" and "The Truth About Me" added depth, though the philosophical musings may not resonate with those preferring a simpler storytelling style. I also did not understand why he was asking readers to make movies out of the short stories he wrote. Also, he ended every story with “Sincerely, Marcus Romanzo,” and I felt this was excessive and not necessary.

Regrettably, my reading experience with this book was not enjoyable. I encountered over a hundred errors in this relatively short piece, making it challenging to decipher the author's intended message. The presence of errors was evident from the first page, and overall, the reading experience was quite distressing. Despite the author's commendable effort to craft cinematic and vivid images, the impact was diminished due to the multitude of errors. Expressing positivity about the book became a formidable task. It is apparent that the book lacked adequate editing and would greatly benefit from multiple rounds of refinement. Despite its thematic blend of crime, justice, and existential contemplation, the extensive errors will hinder readers from even understanding these themes.

I would not recommend this book to others, as it may result in a suboptimal use of their time and resources. I am assigning a rating of 1 out of 5 stars, primarily due to the significant editing issues present. I would suggest engaging the services of a professional editor before releasing the book to the market.

Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

This book sounds a true nightmare based on the amount of errors. I do hope the authors takes your advice and gets professional editing help
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

This review indicates that Marcus Romanzo's Book Of Life Long Short Stories may not be a good read due to various reasons. The reviewer mentions that the book had very few positive aspects, such as character development in some stories. However, they found the passages lengthy and tiring to read, and the exploration of existential themes may not resonate with all readers. The presence of numerous errors throughout the book was a significant drawback, making it challenging to understand the intended message and hindering the overall reading experience. The reviewer does not recommend the book and suggests professional editing before releasing it to the market.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

SInce this book is not edited professionally I am skipping this one. Thanks for your review though.
Dancan OTIENO 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Dancan OTIENO 2 »

The book dates back from 1930s to date"life long short stories" trying to mention all the aspect people are going through in the society.
The reviewer has mentioned that the paragraphs are lengthy with many spelling mistakes and grammatical error and I would recommend for further editing by the publisher
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

seemed like a fantastic read for fans of short stories until we noticed how many mistakes there were. However, I find it amazing that the short stories could be turned into movies. It's a good book; perhaps the author will take your review into consideration and make the book even better than it currently and achieve a bigger score.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

I do hope the authors takes your advice and gets professional editing help
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”