Review of Sophie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Review of Sophie

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sophie" by Mostafa Ghanbari.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Sophie” by Mostafa Ghanbari is an intriguing book of love, emotions, abuse, and a fight for redemption. It tells the story of Sophie, the protagonist, as she journeys into realising who she is, including her worth as a woman.

Sophie is a university student and has been working for Gol. She becomes confused about his feelings towards her, as he never verbally expressed them to her. She leaves Gol's and begins working for Aziza, and she eventually gets fired. Molly, Sophie's friend, informs her of a vacancy in Garry's restaurant, and she goes to work for him.

Garry, Miss Julie Atkins, and Mehmet, the head chef, get murdered, and all evidence points to Sophie, who admits to the crime. Was it really Sophie, or is there something brewing underneath that we aren’t aware of? Get a copy of this book to find out.

Garry is brutal with Sophie as he, amongst other men, subjects her to various forms of abuse. Sophie is a woman with conflicting thoughts who hardly knows the difference between right and wrong. The author is obviously good at literature, as he constantly churns out words from his rich vocabulary. I admire the way he clearly describes events to appeal to the senses. I could practically feel the emotions and descriptions he gave.

I like Gol’s personality, including his patience and consistency with Sophie over the years. However, I never expected the plot twist that occurred at the end. I love how Gol gives timely advice, like when he told David to first look at the inner qualities of a woman before considering her physical qualities.

I only found one negative about this book. The book has some errors, which made comprehension a hassle for me. For this reason, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this to lovers of romance. Again, readers who appreciate a rich vocabulary would enjoy it. This book is also about self-empowerment and women's emancipation.

Sophie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I don’t like what happened to Sophie , as she finds it hard to distinguish between good and evil. I’m glad, however, that she was able to find redemption in her journey. Great review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A murder mystery sounds interesting. But there's something I don't like in books like this which I won't like for it to be the same with this one. I hope that the story doesn't take readers in cycles and end abruptly.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Great review you have here, I don't think I will be trying out this book, it seems misleading and not good for people that are trying to build their faith. But your review was great nice job.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I understand your concern about the plot structure. It's important for a murder mystery to have a satisfying and well-paced narrative without leaving readers feeling lost or with an abrupt ending. I recommend checking reviews or summaries to get a sense of the story's structure before diving in, ensuring it aligns with your preferences.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

It’s interesting that the book speaks on women’s freedom and self empowerment. However, I'm not impressed with Sophie's fate because she struggles to discern between right and wrong. But I'm happy that she was able to find atonement along the way. Excellent review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review you've got here. I'm curious to take a look at this book. The book sounds engaging and interesting.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”