Review of Call To Duty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Review of Call To Duty

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Call To Duty" by Sid Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sid Smith's book Call to Duty illuminates the sacrifices made by both men and women in uniform to maintain public safety. The military asks men and women to make great sacrifices to maintain world peace. They suffer protracted separations from loved ones, struggle physically and mentally in hostile settings, and put their lives in jeopardy in perilous circumstances. As they deploy to combat zones, take part in peacekeeping operations, and deliver humanitarian relief in disaster areas, their commitment and selflessness are clear to see. They continue to be unwavering in their commitment to defending everyone's freedom and security, despite the personal cost. Their selfless deeds provide witness to their steadfast determination and the vital role they play in upholding stability and advancing global peace.

Furthermore, the book tells the tale of Tony, a young man who grew up in a military family full of daring and brave men. To his family, though, Tony's decision to enlist in the police force appeared like a death sentence. Later in life, Tony met two young men who became his closest pals, Jake and Tran. These young men all had strange backstories that explained why they had chosen to become police officers. Tony's family greatly opposes his decision. As the story progresses, Tony tragically loses his closest friends after he eventually becomes a police officer. Why did Tony's family oppose his choice so strongly? What were the stories of Tony's friends? Find the answers to these questions in this amazing book.

I was engrossed in the book as I followed Tony's stories. Though Tony was a skilled police officer, some incidents from his past began to damage his reputation and resulted in multiple lawsuits. The knowledge I got from this book is enough to help me make some tough decisions in my life.

Without a doubt, Tony is my favorite character in this book. It is incredibly motivating to see his unwavering commitment to pursuing his ambition of becoming a police officer, despite the risks involved. In addition, his roles as a loving husband and father to his wife Heather and his adopted son Sammy demonstrate his depth of character and sense of duty outside of his work responsibilities. It was hard to strike a balance between work and family, but Tony was always trying his best. Tony is a remarkable character whose story strikes a deep chord with me as a reader because of his fortitude and compassion.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The book is exceptionally edited; I found no errors in it. I rate this book five out of five stars. I recommend it to readers who love military stories.

Call To Duty
View: on Bookshelves
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review provides a positive and compelling insight into Share Sid Smith's book Call to Duty. It highlights the sacrifices made by men and women in uniform and their unwavering commitment to defending freedom and security. The reviewer mentions a captivating storyline centered around Tony, a police officer, and his journey filled with challenges and personal sacrifices. The book appears to be a good read, with an engaging narrative and relatable characters. Overall, the review recommends the book to readers who enjoy military stories, giving it a five-star rating.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The sacrifices of men and women in uniform, portrayed through Tony's journey, add a compelling layer to the narrative. The blend of personal struggles, friendships, and the challenges of balancing duty with family resonates deeply. Tony's unwavering commitment and the exploration of his character make this a must-read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”