Review of Ambitious’ Secret

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: From Doubt to Do by Kat O'Sullivan

Review of Ambitious’ Secret

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ambitious’ Secret" by Dameyon Allen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Hope Adams is the definition of a real hustler woman. She has made herself a fortune from her businesses and investments that she has invested a lot in. However, Hope doesn't grow alone. She has a couple of her homegirls whom she has employed and helped have their own businesses.

Moreover, there are males within the circle, including Anthony, Hope's husband, who has had a couple of arrests so far, and others involved in crime and illegal businesses. Unfortunately, things start going odd as business rivalry, betrayal, and crime infest this circle of once-known friends. Ambitious' Secret by Dameyon Allen gives the account of a community characterized by drug business and crime and its hanging fate, narrating events from different characters' points of view.

I have to give the author his flowers for a fantastic story delivery. I could feel the swag and hood tone in every character's narration, which I could relate to, and that made the book feel so friendly and easy to read. I also enjoyed the character point-of-view narration, as it was easy to follow the story because I got to know why a character did something or behaved in a certain way.

Ambitious' Secret is also not just about an attractive story but also based on actual events. Themes in the book, such as crime, betrayal, and sex, are relatable. There's a lot to learn from these topics, for example, the effects of betrayal in a community and the consequences of crime on a relationship. The book also teaches the importance of honesty, trust, and teamwork. The book is also filled with alternating emotions, so your reading can be exciting.

However, the book would be perfect if the chapter title fonts were bolded or made different from the other text on the pages. Also, there is a text mix-up in the table of contents; this is on the Amazon Kindle Android app when using the normal vertical screen orientation. The book also needs another edit, as I encountered several errors. For that, I drop a star and rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to lovers of crime stories, but the book's sexual content rate makes it only suitable for a mature audience.

Ambitious’ Secret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”