Review of Coromandel Dreamin'

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Breathe with Ease by Elena Coray

Review of Coromandel Dreamin'

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coromandel Dreamin'" by Ron Murray.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Coromandel Dreamin': A Novel for the Seventies was written by Ron Murray. Thomas Sangster came to Elfland through Cerise Perry, the “Queen” of Elfland. Tommy's stay at Elfland happened to be one of the most eventful periods for the Elflanders. Cerise fell in love with Tommy, and this became the genesis of their romantic journey.

This book tells the story of a group of people who settled in Elfland. Led by Cerise, they worked together to build a loving and honest community. Throughout the book, the Elflanders face various challenges and difficulties that I encourage readers to find out themselves.

The book is both entertaining and thought-provoking, with a speculative and imaginative storyline. The author does an excellent job of gradually introducing the reader to the residents of Elfland, their unique personalities, talents, and the challenges they face as they build their community. The way the characters come together and support each other is truly inspiring. The book teaches the importance of commitment, friendship, and working together for a common cause.

While this book takes the reader on a journey of excitement, it also explores serious issues such as robbery, theft, and violence perpetrated by criminal gangs. The book also addresses the common effects of rape and sexual assault, using Maya's experience as an example of how this kind of trauma can have long-lasting consequences on one's mental health.

The book was easy to read and was broken up into three parts, which made it more digestible. The three parts focus solely on the journey of the Elflanders.

However, I didn't find Scenes 7 and 8 in the number of scenes, since the book was divided into acts and scenes. It jumped to Scene 9 after Scene 6. I felt this was a mistake. There weren't errors in the book; therefore, the book was exceptionally well edited. Coromandel Dreamin': A Novel for the Seventies by Ron Murray deserves a rating of 4 out of 5 stars due to the negative aspect I discussed.

I will highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning how to create a close-knit family. There are many valuable lessons one can learn from the Elflanders.

Coromandel Dreamin'
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”