Review of The Perfect Season

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Review of The Perfect Season

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Perfect Season" by Stephen Roth.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is the story of a lawyer whose passion and dream were to be a baseball player. His name is David, and he was doing quite well with his wife and son until life began to happen to them. Charlie, on the other hand, wasn't the best son his father wished for due to some peculiar qualities that made him special and stood him out among every other person. What are these peculiarities? Was he able to utilize them positively? Did he ever get to relate well to his father? What exactly happened to their family?

One of my favorite characters was Sophie. She knew what might come out of her intentions and actions as regards waging war against discrimination against the English-speaking community in her country; she knew she might lose her life along the way, but she chose to take her stand to do what she believes is the right thing to do and fought till the end. What a warrior she is!!!

The most emotional part of this book as I was reading through was when David lashed out at Charlie while he was trying to convince him to follow his passion, as it's innate and natural; all he needed to do was get brushed up, and boom, he becomes a star as he has unbeatable skills waiting to be unleashed. It got me to tears, as Charlie got so hurt that he had to shed some tears.

My favorite quote is “Assumption is an excuse for intellectual laziness.”

The Perfect Season by Stephen Roth is for every category of individuals, irrespective of their gender, color, or race, as the lessons derived point to the fact that in whatever capacity we operate in, it is best to do what one has to do using the right and only the right method; do just what you believe in; a right is right and wrong is wrong; show love to everyone around you as one doesn't know when this life will end; love when you can; and utilize your gifts, talents, and skills in helping people around you, impacting lives, and making the world a better place. Discrimination is a product of hatred and selfishness and should never be allowed in society. It's a very bad cancer that has eaten deeply into the lives of people, blinding them to the fact that these people are humans like them. It's a demon that needs to be fought with every form of ammunition.

This book is highly inspiring, educational, informative, and historical. The author did a very good job; no typographical errors were noticed while reviewing the book. The book is written in chapters and well-space, making it easy and fun to read. I found nothing to dislike in it. I'm rating this book 5 out of 5.

The Perfect Season
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

A book that beautifully merges personal dreams with societal issues. Its portrayal of courage in the face of adversity, particularly Sophie's stand against discrimination, promises a powerful and emotional journey. Can't wait to explore its rich characters and impactful messages!
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

Its portrayal of courage in the face of adversity, particularly Sophie's stand against discrimination, promises a powerful and emotional journey.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

you appreciates the narrative involving David, a lawyer with dreams of being a baseball player, and his son Charlie, who possesses unique qualities that set him apart. The review alludes to the central questions surrounding Charlie's journey, his relationship with his father, and the unfolding events that impact their family.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The portrayal of Sophie as a fearless warrior fighting against discrimination adds depth and intrigue to the narrative, highlighting her courage and unwavering commitment to her beliefs, making her a standout character worth rooting for till the very end.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart

Post by Florence Daniel »

Charlie's peculiar qualities included his unique abilities or interests that made him different from what his father might have expected. These could range from unconventional talents, such as artistic or intellectual pursuits, to personal traits like empathy or sensitivity.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”