The Road

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jgatsby
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Road

Post by jgatsby »

by Cormac Mccarthy. I read this book yesterday, practically in one sitting. I was terribly disappointed. It could have been one of the most depressing books I have ever read. Further, the character development was lacking and I didn't feel like it had much of a plot, if it even had one.

That being said, I am not disrespecting Mccarthy because he is a very accomplished and talented writer, and he did very well describing the scenes.

In a nutshell, the prose was excellent--it always is with Mccarthy, but the story is lacking. However, I can understand why some people would enjoy the book, but I need an interesting plot and well-developed characters--I am not an emotional reader at all, I want something to make me think; not cry.
book_reader

Post by book_reader »

I read this book recently after hearing great things about it. I was so disappointed. The book was depressing for sure and didn't do anything to me - one of those easily forgettable books.

I agree with what you said. There was not much of a plot, nothing much happens in the book. The characters were lacking dimensions, dialogues were boring too. I found the prose too descriptive and long, but I was never a prose person.
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

i felt the same aliitle confused by it

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”