Review of Talking with Red Bird

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 524
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: How to “Stop Sucking at Life” by J.W. Smith

Review of Talking with Red Bird

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Talking with Red Bird" by Joseph Ball.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Talking with Red Bird by Joseph Ball tells the story of Little Joe’s life experiences. His mother had a long career as a public school teacher, while his father was a horticulture professor. In this book, readers will experience the remarkable and enticing writing style of the author.

Little Joe was born in the 1940s. Right from a young age, he possessed an endearing attachment to turtles. Other than the opportunity to meet some of Little Joe’s family members, such as Aunt Jewelle, and friends like John Allen Kirkpatrick, there were experiences that shaped his childhood and adulthood.

My standout element in the book is the witty writing style, laced with humor. I had a wonderful experience devouring most scenes as the author effortlessly described encounters comically. One of them was when Little Joe failed to convince his dad to get him his most desired ride; he ended up with a used 1955 Ford Fairlane. But what were the consequences of such a ride for a young university lad?

The chapters are precise and laden with themes of love, adventure, childhood, and parenthood. Joseph Ball fiercely deploys a poetic writing tone, making the storyline captivating. It is not a lengthy book, and readers might find themselves reading it more than once for fun and to grasp the somewhat disguised message. Anyone with a love of nature will fall in love with this read.

I did not find anything to dislike in Talking with Red Bird by Joseph Ball. This book was exceptionally edited, and the author seemed to explore a unique writing style. Consequently, I am obliged to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The book does not deserve anything lower due to the above sentiments. Besides adventure enthusiasts, I recommend it to readers interested in comical reads and memoirs.

Talking with Red Bird
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your review of "Talking with Red Bird" by Joseph Ball is insightful and engaging, showcasing your appreciation for the author's witty writing style and captivating storytelling. Your detailed analysis highlights the book's themes and its appeal to nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Well done on providing a comprehensive review!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I love the title of the book. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

I love the storyline of the book and the fact that the author has a unique writing style. I love the book's setting. Your review of the book is wonderful.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”