Recommend: book(s) where any character can die at any time!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lvl21nerd
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommend: book(s) where any character can die at any time!

Post by lvl21nerd »

i didnt realize i would like this sort of book until i read A Game of Thrones by George Martin

it is a special feeling when a character you have come to know, and maybe love, dies

Fantasy recommendation, or Sci-Fi would be great....but mystery, thriller, etc. would also be great
lavender0201

Post by lavender0201 »

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and it's sequel Catching Fire are really good.
MoreCowbell

Post by MoreCowbell »

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry immediately comes to mind. I really enjoyed it and had never before been interested in "the wild West," cowboys, etc. but the author does a great job of making you care about the characters, even the not-so-good ones.
Fantasy-wise I would recommend Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, the Harry Potter series, and Cornelia Funke's Inkworld series.
If you like history or memoirs at all you may enjoy Holocaust memoirs such as the one by Alicia Appleman-Jurman called Alicia: My Story.
selfer

Post by selfer »

Market Forces by Richard Morgan. It's sci-fi, set in a future where corporations are so powerful that you don't really have a life if you don't have a job. So, jobs are so competitive that people try to kill each other in their cars on their commutes. If you get a "kill" on the way to work, you usually get a promotion. It sounds cheesy, but I loved it :)
Oneday

Post by Oneday »

"Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett
shanakrahman

Post by shanakrahman »

The Gunslinger - Stephen King

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”