Review of Americas Revival

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Behind the Eyes of Zylo Moon by David Nathaniel Nealis

Review of Americas Revival

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Americas Revival" by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten.]
Book Cover
1 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

America's Revival: The Forgotten Men and Women by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten first started around the time Trump was running for president in 2016. The author was incarcerated as a First Time Offender (FTO) with no criminal history and given more than an 11-year sentence. She is a single mom. She and her mom were close, and when her mom died, she wasn't even allowed visitation from her kids to mourn their loss. Her mother was a strong believer in Trump and said that he would win the election. Like her mother, she believed in Trump, too. In this book, the author discusses her experience and views during the 2016 election and what she thinks of President Donald Trump and his administration.

Kathryn expressed that Donald Trump's extensive writings (his books) over the years clearly demonstrated his strategic thinking and decision-making prowess. According to her, Trump had unconsciously prepared himself for the role of President of the United States for a long time, even though he may not have known it. She asserted that his business acumen and calculated approach made him exceptionally qualified for the job, surpassing others in his ability to make sound decisions.

I love how the author expressed her opinions and trust in Trump. She said, "Donald J. Trump was not looking for this job as president. The country was looking for him for the job." Page 17. The book contains a lot of forward opinions, like when the author called Biden a "card carrying Racist." She admits that Trump was not a politician, but he was a businessman, but (according to the author), when you need a job done, you do not go to a politician but a businessman. She constantly compared Trump, Biden, and Obama and their administrations. She also discusses how wrong people were to project negative ideas about Trump in his administration. She also mentioned how poverty in the country has increased after Trump's administration. She firmly believes that Trump is the one God has chosen for America and hopes that Trump wins again in 2024. In this book, the authors touched on topics like COVID-19, racism, religion, abortion, international relations with China and Russia, etc.

It is really painful for me to rate this book 1 out of 5 stars because I love the sincerity with which the author expressed her opinions. I also loved that this book gave me a different perspective on some past, present, and future presidents of our country. However, the book has serious issues that cannot be ignored. This book is repetitive in many places. For instance, on page 72, the author wrote, "... maybe we should ask them because we are going to be lost in that desert because of our worship to Idols, like money, greed and power instead of God being the center of our nation "A house divided cannot stand (Mark3:24) The Democrats are using the "RACE CARD" to divide this great country of ours and making us live one paycheck from poverty to felony and mass incarceration." Also, on pages 85–86, the author wrote, "Maybe, we should ask them because we are going to be lost in that desert because of our worship to idols instead of God a House (our nation) divided cannot stand (Mark 3:24). The Democrats are using the "Race Card" to divide this Great Country of Ours and making us live one paycheck to poverty......, WAKE - UP."

Another example of a repeated part is on pages 149 and 151 (I do not want to quote it because of the length of this review.) There were other places that were similar to this, too and were saying the same thing. Also, the book contains a lot of errors on almost every page. The book will receive a higher rating from me after it gets edited professionally and the repetitive nature is looked into. If you like reading political books, I recommend this book to you. I would, however, advise that the book undergo another round of editing before other readers can pick it up because the book contains a lot of obvious errors.

Americas Revival
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”