Review of A Reckoning of Wolves

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Review of A Reckoning of Wolves

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Reckoning of Wolves" by Judy Higgins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Reckoning of Wolves is a mystery novel by Judy Higgins. In the opening scene, we meet Dr. Lawson on a hesitant trip to Saudi following an invitation by Princess Safiyyah. After suffering a heartbreak from Sandra, this invitation was a sigh of relief for Dr. Lawson. He decided that the four weeks in Riyadh were what he needed to forget about Sandra and finally move on. Nothing would have prepared Dr. Victor Lawson for what was about to unfold. His belief in human rights and the freedom of expression, enjoyed by most Americans, would be tested, leaving him questioning everything he has ever known.

This incredible work of art is everything mystery lovers look for. The author uses language that will keep you on the edge. She lets a few hints here and there to give us a snippet of what is coming. As the book ends, you can tie the clues together, leaving a satisfying feeling as the mystery is finally solved.

One thing I loved about the book is the perfect blend of themes. There is not much exaggeration of scenes, and one can easily see the events transpiring in real life. The event at the border, about a book, brought a sense of reality of what freedom entails. The book educates and enlightens us on what goes beyond our comfort zones of freedom.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. The characters were few, which allowed me to follow the story. I appreciated the glossary at the end of the book with Arabic names and their meaning.

In terms of editing, I noticed a few typos. However, they were not a distraction for the reading experience and did not warrant a deduction from the book’s excellent score. I rate this book a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars due to the many positive qualities I noted earlier. Fans of mystery and fiction novels will relish this book the most.

A Reckoning of Wolves
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

A mystery is exactly what I like. The fact that it doesn’t have romance, at least enough to mention and that there are only a few errors make it even more appealing. A glossary is just a plus. Thanks!
Orji cyril Kaluokoro
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orji cyril Kaluokoro »

A Reckoning of Wolves is a mystery novel by Judy Higgins, set in Saudi Arabia. The novel follows Dr. Lawson, who is hesitant to go to Saudi after suffering a heartbreak from his wife, Sandra. He decides to spend four weeks in Riyadh to forget about Sandra and move on. However, the novel unfolds unexpectedly, testing Dr. Lawson's belief in human rights and freedom of expression.

The author uses a captivating language to keep readers on the edge, with hints throughout the book to provide a glimpse of what is to come. As the book ends, the clues are tied together, leaving a satisfying feeling as the mystery is finally solved.

One of the main features of the book is the perfect blend of themes, with minimal exaggeration of scenes and allowing readers to easily see the events happening in real life. The border event, about a book, brings a sense of reality of what freedom entails. The book educates and enlightens readers on what goes beyond our comfort zones of freedom.

The book has nothing to dislike, with a few characters that allow readers to follow the story. The glossary at the end of the book with Arabic names and their meanings is appreciated.

In terms of editing, a few typos were noticed, but they were not a distraction and did not warrant a deduction from the book's excellent score. Overall, A Reckoning of Wolves is a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars due to the many positive qualities noted earlier. Fans of mystery and fiction novels will enjoy this book the most.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”