Review of My Name is Kreussenheimer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart

Review of My Name is Kreussenheimer

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Name is Kreussenheimer" by Dale Preuss.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Name is Kreussenheimer by Dale Preuss is a fictional story about the man Kevin Kreussenheimer. The book is the first volume of the life of Kevin Kreussenheimer, containing chapters 1–29. Kevin, or Mr. Kroy, as he is called by some, is a complex man; he's not the type of man for whom you can just know what is going on with him. Kevin is a father and grandfather, though he does not look as old as he seems. He's a man who is always planning five moves ahead, and while some things may seem accidental or a coincidence, it may all just be a grand plan by Kevin. This first volume tells us about his divorce from his wife, Joss, the loss of his daughter, and how he deals with that loss, as well as the people who come into his orbit as the story progresses. It's a story of love, loss, family, horror, heartbreak, action, mystery, and so much more.

The book is written in first-person pronouns, and different characters in the book get to narrate the story themselves; it's not just Kevin doing the narration. We can see what the characters are feeling and thinking; this makes the book unique and helps the readers understand what's going on. The book contains mystery, suspense, and death; while some may be accidental, others are not; family drama; and many more. The author also includes some dialogues in Russian, and he also translates them. 

I enjoyed the character of Kevin Kreussenheimer to the fullest. He is like a mix of James Bond and a very loving father. He does all he can to protect his family, and he makes sure that they are well taken care of. For someone who has experienced loss and who himself has caused a lot of loss and pain to others, it is surprising how he still has such a deep well of love for others. It's an admirable quality.

I enjoyed the book; it's a completely fictional novel; it has the ingredients of a mystery; it's an action novel; and it even contains humor. The characters all played their roles well, and they made this book interesting. I commend the author for the arrangement of the book into three different parts and chapters. This first volume has set the stage for the remainder of the book, and I can't wait to see what happens next in the life of Kevin Kreussenheimer. I also commend the editor for the exceptional editing done on this book. There is nothing I dislike in this book.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars; it's a really enjoyable novel to read about Kevin and those who came into his orbit. I recommend this book to all lovers of fiction. Through the pages of this book, you'll get immersed in the life of this very intriguing, complex fictional character.

My Name is Kreussenheimer
View: on Bookshelves
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

You have described an interesting character in this book, which makes me want to read it. I look forward to doing so soon!
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

As a fan of fictional books, I would love to read this book so I could understand the fictional life of this wonderful character and others around him.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The intricate characterization of Kevin Kreussenheimer makes this book a captivating read, blending elements of mystery, suspense, and familial drama seamlessly.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

My Name is Kreussenheimer by Dale Preuss is a captivating fictional tale delving into the life of Kevin Kreussenheimer. From his complex persona to his deep-seated emotions, the narrative weaves a tapestry of love, loss, family, and intrigue. A must-read for fiction enthusiasts.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The narrative style, with multiple character perspectives, offers a fascinating glimpse into each character's psyche, adding depth and dimension to the storytelling.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

My Name is Kreussenheimer" skillfully weaves together themes of love, loss, family dynamics, and intricate character planning through a compelling narrative structure that utilizes multiple perspectives.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Robert Andrew »

Dale Preuss's "My Name is Kreussenheimer" introduces readers to the enigmatic protagonist, Kevin Kreussenheimer, a man whose complexity captivates from the outset. Through the lens of Kevin's life, spanning chapters 1-29, readers embark on a journey delving into his familial dynamics, personal struggles, and the intricate web of relationships that shape his existence.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Dale Preuss weaves a rich tapestry of emotions and events, offering readers a multifaceted narrative encompassing themes of love, tragedy, and suspense. As Kevin's life unfolds across chapters 1-29, readers are drawn into a world where every twist and turn reveals another layer of intrigue, leaving them eagerly anticipating the next volume.
Susan John Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html

Post by Susan John Peter »

Through intricate storytelling spanning the first volume, the author skillfully delves into Kevin's complexities, from his strategic foresight to his emotional journey of navigating love, loss, and family dynamics.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

The intricate plot twists and turns keep you guessing until the very end. The author's skill at maintaining suspense is truly remarkable.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book is a literary treasure! The plot keeps you guessing until the very end. A must-read for all book enthusiasts!
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Me. Kroy sounds like a very calculating character. I'm curious to know how he handled the loss of his daughter. I also want to know what he accomplished with his gift as a good planner.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

I thoroughly enjoyed Kevin Kreussenheimer's persona. He seems a cross between a devoted parent and James Bond. He makes sure his family is well taken care of and does everything in his power to keep them safe. It is astonishing that he still has such a great reservoir of love for others considering that he has suffered loss and has caused a great deal of loss and suffering to others. It is a commendable trait.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. Kevin appears to be an interesting character with lots of depth and lots of stories to tell. I do enjoy a mix of genres, but too much of a mix can water everything down. It doesn't seem like you found that though.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”