Review of Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Review of Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men" by Melanie Sovran Wolfe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Due to the law about abortion, Holly Hernandez, a popular TV anchor and model citizen who had a miscarriage, became a criminal who had to face trial with no chance to grieve or come to terms with her loss. Holly’s mother-in-law and other women prayed and asked for divine intervention; their sincere prayers were heard, and Holly was visited in her home by Professor Hex, who needed her verbal permission to interfere in her matter. Reluctantly, she made her request to get Professor Hex, who claims to be a goddess, out of her house. However, the request Holly made so reluctantly will mark the creation and beginning of a new history in the lives of the men of Amarillo. Will Professor Hex, who claims to be a goddess, really come to her aid and save her from the hold the law has over her and other women in Texas? Discover more by reading this captivating tale.

The book Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men by Melanie Sovran Wolfe is an intricately woven book with intriguing storylines and relatable stories in society as well as in households. The book delves into the themes of family, unity, love, freedom of choice, betrayal, loss, and grievances. The book also slightly discusses the subject of rape, child pregnancy, child rape, trauma, and consent to sexual activity between two parties, which drives certain points in the book. This is demonstrated in the situation of Cara and Heidi with other college guys. The book challenges the long-held traditional beliefs held towards the responsibility and the given duties of women and girls in society; it explores the beliefs of each individual and the role society, government, and religious organizations play in instilling certain unchanged beliefs into our way of life. The book, with its touch of fantasy and magic, held a more realistic tone.

I sincerely admire how the author portrays the progression of family in the book and how each character evolves and comes to terms with the changing complexity of the world; this is best emphasized in how Kevin came to love, cherish, and appreciate his family, children, and wife more. It is also significant to mention the great effort of the author towards the theme of freedom and the freedom to make choices that concern one’s life instead of letting others be the determinant of that.

The only unsatisfactory point I found in this book is the lack of detailed information about what happens to Zeke—was he found or did he die? Aside from this, I had an enjoyable read throughout the book.

The editing of the book was excellent. I found no mistake in the book. The author did a fantastic job with the writing style and examining important, thought-provoking issues and inspirational pain points that are pivotal in our society and legal system. I believe discrimination against women in their responsibilities still affects women in our society today. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars, as I believe the protagonist's ability to grieve, love, and experience betrayals is what sums up her strength and abilities to become an architect of authority and love. I recommend this fascinating tale to readers interested in thought-provoking fiction that delves into societal issues such as gender roles, reproductive rights, and the impact of legislation on individuals' lives.

Professor Hex Vs. Texas Men
View: on Bookshelves
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The book is a catch to all women and lawyers .It is so unfair that the protagonist had to go through a lot.why if Prof hex refused??
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book looks to be intriguing and complex at the same time. The topics treated are very important and actual in our society. Thanks for the nice review.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

So timely. I am sure women in this situation have unfortunately prayed for such divine intervention.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”