Review of The Green Beer Diaries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Promiscuous Girl by Kelli Nicole

Review of The Green Beer Diaries

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Green Beer Diaries" by Sean O'Cleary.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Green Beer Diaries" by Sean O'Cleary is a captivating addition to the BOOMer Tales series, focusing on the cherished traditions of St. Patrick's Day. To fully appreciate the narrative, readers should familiarize themselves with the holiday's customs, such as donning green or blue attire, hunting for leprechauns, and sporting shamrocks.

The story commences with an intriguing tale surrounding a legendary brew known as Green Beer, which captivates individuals of all ages. O’Brien’s Pub boasts a renowned recipe for this enigmatic beverage, the secret of which remains elusive. David, an employee at O’Brien’s Pub, encounters a mysterious woman who enters the establishment seeking this special brew. Unbeknownst to either of them, the night holds extraordinary events, ripe for the revelation of secrets. The book doesn't just explore the mysteries shared by David but also offers captivating glimpses into the lore of leprechauns. Immerse yourself in the narrative to discover even more enchanting tales and hidden truths about these mythical beings.

The author crafts a unique plot that surprised me; I did not expect such originality. The book blends information with humor seamlessly, employing straightforward language for easy comprehension. I particularly enjoyed the author's depiction of leprechauns as architects, matchmakers, stand-up comedians, and more—a truly delightful read. Furthermore, the book is impeccably edited, leaving no room for errors.

While the book's distinctive content may not resonate with all readers initially, I found it necessary to familiarize myself with the traditions of St. Patrick’s Day, the significance of the color green, and the lore surrounding leprechauns to fully appreciate it. Readers who possess such knowledge will undoubtedly find the book enjoyable. I highly recommend reading the preface, where the author outlines the life lessons he gleaned from leprechauns. This provides valuable insight into the book's content and themes, offering a glimpse into the profound wisdom and whimsy that await within its pages.

In summary, "The Green Beer Diaries" proved to be a delightful read, earning a well-deserved 5-star rating from me. Its exceptional content, humor, and flawless editing make it a standout addition to any bookshelf.

The Green Beer Diaries
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Very timely! It reminds me of the movie "Worlds End"
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your review, the book looks to be interesting and well-written. I think it deserves to be read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”