Review of The Tender Silver Stars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Schyk Marcus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-schyk-marcus.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of The Tender Silver Stars

Post by Schyk Marcus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Tender Silver Stars" by Pamela Stockwell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ever wondered what life was like for women in the 1970s? Ever wondered how difficult it would have been to break the glass ceiling and accomplish all you've ever wanted? Well, The Tender Silver Stars by Pamela Stockwell delves into a narrative that will leave readers entertained and bewildered.

The story revolves around three main characters: Triss, Everlove, and Mrs. McCabe, each navigating their own challenges and growth amidst a backdrop of societal change and personal introspection. Triss, a young woman working for a questionable employer named Haine, finds herself embroiled in a situation involving suspected illegal activities. Everlove, another central character, grapples with her own journey as she searches for the truth about the disappearance of a mysterious woman. 

Mrs. McCabe, on the other hand, is a supportive figure in the lives of Triss and Everlove. She provides a sense of warmth and stability amidst their tumultuous experiences. The narrative also explores themes of racial and gender discrimination, as well as the complexities of friendship and family. Through their interconnected experiences, the characters confront systemic injustices and strive to carve out their own paths in a rapidly changing world.

A great aspect of this book is the author's ability to shuffle the spotlight across the different major characters. I got engrossed in the lives and experiences of them all, most especially Triss and Everlove. Everlove's investigation into the disappearance of Marjanne kept me engaged with the narrative. I eagerly flipped through the pages to see what she would find next.

Another feature of the book that was greatly appealing to me was the inclusion of 1970s-themed recipes. The author didn't hold back on sharing with her readers a few recipes from the 1970s. Each item on the menu sounded ravishing, and I hope to try them out as soon as I can. Perhaps through these recipes, one could revel in the 70s. 

In terms of dislikes, I could not find any disconcerting things about this book. It had a flawless narrative, and I enjoyed it every step of the way. Its lack of grammatical errors also makes the book stand out, illustrating a perfect editorial job. The author deserves praise for delivering such spotless work.

The book is currently available for pre-order but will launch officially on April 24, 2024. Interested readers can hold on a bit longer because it is definitely worth the wait. This book gets 5 out of 5 stars from me for its entertaining narrative. I couldn't find any solid reason to deprive it of any stars, as I had nothing to dislike about the book. On this note, I recommend it to fans of historical fiction who enjoy books with themes of the 1970s. If you like books about crime and investigation or books that share a perspective on discrimination, then this book is also for you.

The Tender Silver Stars
View: on Bookshelves
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

Wow, so fascinating! I am fully intrigued to read it and I can't wait to do so once it is available. You wrote a wonderful review. Well done.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book talks about women's life in 70's society, a very interesting argument to read for new generations. thank you for your nice review.
Sheryl Brown 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sheryl Brown 3 »

This is an excellent review and i cant wait to get my hands on this book to read it. Excellent

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”