Review of Make The Onions Cry

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Make The Onions Cry

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Make The Onions Cry" by S.E. Bourne.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A poetic diary is how I would describe this beautiful book. The writer shares with us scenes from her life and memory. There is a lot of sorrow and pain. However, they're written and described perfectly. You'll go deep with the writer into family dramas, traumas, and difficult situations in life when you grab Make The Onions Cry by S.E. Bourne. The writer tells some stories or describes some tough scenes smoothly, with sincere feelings that would get to your heart.

I love how expressive Sophia was in writing this book. I love how she could write about such tragedies so beautifully and express her feelings using poetry. She told the stories and described the situations so clearly and sincerely, using as few words as possible. Creating art from suffering isn't a new concept, but it was done beautifully. I constantly wished while reading that expressing those feelings and letting them out had helped the writer.

There was nothing to dislike about the book. You can only dislike the hardships and sorrows she and everyone else have to go through in life, but you'll be thankful for the writer's ability to share her experiences with us and let many people know they're not alone. The book layout was beautiful. There was good spacing between short paragraphs, which gave me a comfortable reading experience. The book received professional editing. I could only notice a couple of minor mistakes. Therefore, I rate Make The Onions Cry by S.E. Bourne five out of five stars.

I enjoyed the book, and I believe most people would enjoy it. It's not a usual rhyming poetry book. It's a diary that would pique the interest of poetry lovers and people who like diving into other people's experiences. Some of the topics can be triggering, though. There is some handling or mention of death, suicide, abortion, abuse, drugs, medication, and such topics.

Make The Onions Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

I'm curious to read this book, it looks interesting and well-written. Thanks for your review.
Sheryl Brown 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sheryl Brown 3 »

This review is well-written i am curious to read this book
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Being able to heal from traumas is one thing, being able to talk about them is another but being able to write a beautiful story them is on another level of self mastery. I must commend the author for this wonderful piece.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”