Review of Into The Everwood

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Review of Into The Everwood

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Into The Everwood" by David John.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a world where the allure of power and speed often dominates, the profound yet understated abilities of compassion and forgiveness can be easily overlooked. Despite their quiet nature, these qualities have the remarkable capacity to mend relationships, heal wounds, and foster empathy. If everyone acknowledged the potency of these values, our world would undoubtedly be a more joyful and harmonious place. The main character, Liam, in David John's novel "Into the Everwood," discovers the significance of these virtues.

"Into the Everwood" by David John follows Liam, a young boy living on Martha's Vineyard, who witnesses a drowning but is unable to save the victim due to his fear of water. Struggling with his fears and societal pressures, he befriends two mysterious creatures, Tic and Tad, who teach him about positivity and kindness. When Liam learns about plans to develop the Everwood Forest, he embarks on a quest with his friends to find an ancient burial ground, ultimately thwarting the development and reconciling with a troubled classmate. The story intertwines themes of friendship, overcoming fears, and protecting nature, leaving room for further exploration in a potential sequel. Discover whether or not this young child succeeded by reading this incredible book.

Liam is a remarkable character in this book, winning people over with his unrelenting resolve. Liam, though still young, demonstrates maturity beyond his age when he sets out on a mission to protect his parent's company from the impending construction of a retail center. Knowing the difficulty of the task, he prudently enlists the help of his friends so he won't have to tackle it alone. Liam is a character in this book that readers will love and respect because of his tenacity and feeling of belonging. This book personally taught me the importance of forgiveness and kindness.

Liam's best buddy, Allie, is notable for being a person of true loyalty. Allie's constant support of Liam's endeavors throughout the story serves as a tribute to the power of friendship. Allie's steadfast devotion not only demonstrates the strength of their relationship but also emphasizes how crucial it is to have someone who fully believes in us. I love how the author added the twist of the existence of the “keepers of the web" to the book. I anticipate a sequel.

There are no errors in the book, which shows excellent editing. I rate this book five out of five stars because it offers so many lessons. There is nothing I dislike about the book. I recommend this book to those who enjoy stories that explore hidden secrets, the beauty of nature, and the bonds between characters.

Into The Everwood
View: on Bookshelves
Annalisa Whyte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalisa-whyte.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Annalisa Whyte »

I'd love to read this book. A book that teaches values such as loyalty which is not something many people have, also kindness and forgiveness two of the things people cannot seem to do because of how the world is. Good review
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: What Do You Think, Mr. Collins? by Neal Bialostosky

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

In David John's novel "Into the Everwood," protagonist Liam learns the transformative power of compassion and forgiveness, showcasing their ability to mend relationships and foster empathy in a world often focused on power and speed.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

David John's 'Into the Everwood' beautifully illustrates the transformative power of compassion and forgiveness, as Liam navigates a journey of self-discovery amidst the enchanting backdrop of Martha's Vineyard.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”