Review of The Dark Side of Food

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Review of The Dark Side of Food

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dark Side of Food" by Harleen and Andrew.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The comic novel "The Dark Side of Food" is written by Harleen and Andrew. It tells the story of a billionaire, Dr. Baldr Johannsen, who investigates Aurora Borealis and discovers something quite peculiar about it. Five students, recruited by Dr. Baldr Johannsen, perceive a connection between the product Sol-ace and the research he is conducting. The five students hope to discover a connection between Sol-ace and Aurora, the malicious organisation that is attempting to steal his artificial intelligence, known as RUDI.

This science fiction novel takes situations that we face on a daily basis and turns them into a story. We encounter daily situations such as blindly following influencers on social media platforms, potentially harmful diet products, obesity, addiction, and addiction-induced violence. Furthermore, the authors provide a great deal of material at the end of the book to assist the reader in leading a healthier life and educate them on the various systems in the human body.

The author did a wonderful job of incorporating the topics that I stated before into the narrative in a way that seemed natural, and by the time the book was over, everything was perfectly in place. Because this is not a standalone novel, the plot did leave me with a few questions, but they were just the right number to make me want to read the next book in the series. Even with numerous individuals conversing on a single page, the flawless pictures made it easy to follow the comic strip-styled conversations.

I give this book a perfect score of five out of five stars because there is nothing about it that I dislike. I was blown away by the authors' ability to set up the plot, which was executed to perfection. The book came to a satisfying conclusion that left me wanting more. The presentation of both the graphics and the dialogue is excellent. Upon identifying no errors, I concur that the editing of this book is flawless.

As a result of the violence, addiction, and other topics that are depicted in this book, I would recommend it to readers who are at least 18 years old and who appreciate reading science fiction-like books that are portrayed in the form of comic books.

The Dark Side of Food
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book is a true gem! The author’s storytelling skills are top-notch

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”