Review of The Prison of Power

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of The Prison of Power

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Prison of Power" by G Michael Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith is an intriguing story that follows the abduction of several women by a notorious gang. The gang turns these innocent women into sex objects, and when the news of their plight reaches the law enforcement agencies, they intervene. In the heat of action, the gang members kill all their prisoners except Eve Rinne, who pretends to be dead to stay alive. The book then shifts to a society where women hold all the leadership positions. The motive is to reduce the male population and their influence on society. Male children have fewer opportunities to study, and the government controls everything.

Michael vividly describes a dystopian world where women hold power; men are restricted to some particular level of society to maintain peace. The book introduces the reader to Quinlan, a young boy who is to study quantum biology among other female students. Quinlan soon gets the attention of Margaret Carver, the daughter of Lillian Carver, the head of the ruling committee.

The AMEN(American Male Equity Nation) group aimed to destabilize and overthrow the government due to their dissatisfaction with the status of males in society. In parallel, Eve Rinne was also planning her agenda; she was planning to kill all the males in society. Did the AMEN group succeed? Did Eve accomplish her plans? Did all the males become extinct? What are the alternatives for men? Readers will find out from the book.

The love life between Quinland and Margaret is very magnetic. It created a scene of trust and affection in the book. The book title is a positive aspect of the book; it encompasses the whole message of the book. The storyline is also a positive aspect of the book. I like the character development and the writing style of the author. The author allowed the characters to develop with the story. The writing style is simple and easily understandable. The editing is flawless.

There are no negative aspects to the book. The book contains erotic scenes. It is more suitable for an adult. I do not dislike the book. I rate the book The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith 5 out of 5 stars. The reasons for my rating are above.

Michael masterfully weaves a tale of love, oppression, belief, and struggle that will captivate readers from start to finish. I recommend the book to adults. I recommend the book to individuals who love reading books on utopia.

The Prison of Power
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”