Review of Books of Being

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Molly's Milestone by Marlys Beider

Review of Books of Being

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Books of Being" by Retsim Laudividni.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Books of Being" by Retsim Laudividni is a fictional work that delves into the realms of the afterlife and the events preceding death, which ultimately determine the fate of individuals. The narrative is divided into three distinct parts: "Soul Retrieval," "Meet Death," and "The Order."

In the section titled "Soul Retrieval," the narrative centers on a character referred to as 'The Man,' who passes away and enters the afterlife. He is allowed to rectify his errors but must complete three retrievals to achieve this goal. "Meet Death" introduces 'The Reaper,' who assists the deceased in their retrievals. Finally, "The Order" brings together all the characters from the book, detailing past events and reaching a conclusion.

The most captivating section for me was "The Order," as it breathes life into the characters and events from the preceding parts. Understanding this section is crucial for grasping the entirety of the narrative. Key characters include Cyrus, Evia, Dhyana, Otto, Oshah, and Harper. "The Order" commences with a dwindling group of men and women, the last of their kind, striving to sustain their existence in caves by battling animals. They are deeply connected to nature for survival. Evia, born within this tribe, possesses a beauty unlike any other, yet she is feared by some tribesmen as a harbinger of misfortune and is consequently killed. Nevertheless, Evia undergoes reincarnation repeatedly after each death, indicating a deeper purpose in her existence. What lies behind this mysterious cycle? How are 'The Man' and 'The Reaper' connected to Evia? To uncover these secrets, one must delve into the book.

The author has crafted a unique plot with compelling characters, particularly Evia and Dhyana, whose strength as women is truly inspiring. The narrative kept me engrossed from start to finish, and I thoroughly enjoyed its progression. Although there were moments of confusion in the initial and middle sections of the book, the final part tied everything together seamlessly. It's worth noting that the book contains explicit content, making it suitable for mature audiences. Furthermore, the meticulous editing ensures a smooth reading experience devoid of any errors.

In conclusion, I highly recommend "Books of Being" for its innovative plot and well-developed characters. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars, as there was nothing about the book that I disliked.

Books of Being
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Books of Being" by Retsim Laudividni offers readers a captivating exploration of the afterlife and the events leading up to death. Divided into three distinct parts, the narrative immerses readers in a thought-provoking journey through the realms of the soul

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”