Review of The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Healthy Home Cooked Food for Your Dog by Denise Adamson

Review of The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park" by MeM Tekari.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terry is a pupil at Belham Primary School, known as a bully and nicknamed "terror." One day, he interrupts a conversation between Dexter and his friends at school, eager to know what they are joyously discussing. After learning about the Father Christmas costume at the dry cleaner's shop, Terry devises a plan, which he intends to carry out with Dexter, who is unaware of the scheme's full extent. This plan ultimately affects Terry, but what exactly is it? And what are the consequences? Find out in "The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park: Being Good isn't Just for Christmas" by MeM Tekari.

The most enjoyable aspect of this book for me is the authentic conversations between the characters. I appreciated how the pupils communicated with each other, expressing genuine emotions. Dexter's interactions with his friends were particularly engaging, showcasing a sense of community. It is heartwarming to witness young pupils forming bonds that positively influence one another. Additionally, the brief adventures embarked on by Dexter, Terry, and other pupils were delightful to read, offering several heartwarming moments to savor.

The character development portrayed in the book was impressive and accompanied by valuable lessons that many readers will appreciate. Despite the book's length, the character growth is evident throughout. The message of the book is clear, and I found myself eager to read until the end.

I didn't encounter anything worthy of dislike while reading. The well-executed character development and clarity of the narrative made it an enjoyable experience. I also noticed only a few errors as I read through the book. Therefore, I would rate it 5 out of 5 due to its many positive attributes.

This book is recommended for young readers, particularly those in primary school or early adolescence, who enjoy heartwarming tales of friendship, adventure, and character development. Additionally, educators and parents seeking wholesome literature for children will find this book suitable for promoting positive values and meaningful discussions about empathy, resilience, and the importance of community.

The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I don't like bullies, reading this review Terry is of no exception. I had experiences from bullies, and wouldn't want that on anyone. Would love to know the consequences of Terry actions.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”