Review of I ate a conservative. He gave me gas.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly

Review of I ate a conservative. He gave me gas.

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I ate a conservative. He gave me gas." by Jason Earley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I ate a conservative. He gave me gas. is a collection of short stories by Jason Earley. It has a table of contents containing the eight different stories and a comedic chapter. The book talked about separate aspects such as the ills of America, racism, and some others. It ended by giving a list of jokes for comic relief. The author's style of writing is exceptional and ambiguous. The fact that the author kept admitting the complexity of his sentences and words made the book unique. Conversations made in the stories were written in the form of drama dialogues.

The only issue readers would have is following up on the author's stories. Eventually, with greater concentration, readers would grasp the point the author tries to convey. I think it would be completely impossible for any reader to fully understand the author's narrative. I learned many things and was exposed to lots of new vocabulary. One part that was humorous to me was where he mentioned the lawsuit against McDonald's by a parent who didn't let her chicken cool, burning her child. I wasn't quite able to understand the first story, but I enjoyed reading "ET, we're waiting." I also liked the story where the author created his version of a staged movie. I had to look up the original film and compare it with the author's sentiment.

There were errors in the book knowingly created by the author, so I won't consider them objective. I laughed at some of the jokes made by the author while I found some difficult to understand. Most of the stories were based on America, and I loved his criticism of America, as they contained facts. I would give the book 5 out of 5 stars. The difficulty in understanding the author is purely attributed to his writing style. I admire the author's application of art and effort in his work, even though readers might find them complex. The author's words are cryptic, and he encourages readers to follow up closely as their meanings fall into place.

There were consistent uses of severe profanities and sexual terms, so the book is not recommended for younger readers. It should be read by those who have the patience to understand the complexity of the writer's words.

I ate a conservative. He gave me gas.
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I see the humor in the book's title, and as mentioned in the review we can expect some humor from the stories.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

The title of this book made me to quickly tap on the book review as it made me laugh as I saw it at first.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by williams Emerald »

Jason Earley’s collection of short stories offers a unique blend of humor, social commentary, and linguistic complexity, making it a rewarding read for those willing to dive deep into its intricacies. However, be prepared for some challenging moments and mature content along the way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”