Review of Quizby The Ant

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Review of Quizby The Ant

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quizby The Ant" by Clinton Black.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Quizby the ant has exceptional qualities: treasures that are not easy to come by. One morning, while getting himself ready in search of food, he hears the grunting of a baby rabbit nearby. The rabbit's name is Luna. What could be the problem with her? Well, one of the striking qualities of Quizby soon brings him one-on-one with this rabbit. The incidents that follow and the conduct of these two teach us a whole lot of lessons about life and living.

Quizby the Ant, written by Clinton Black, caught my attention right from the first page. Quizby, the major character, was perfectly introduced, and it struck in me the desire to know him more and what he is up to for the day. I think Clinton is a great storyteller. He is a great observer and has an incredible way of making just the right word choices that convey his imagination. The following is just an instance of his narrative skill on display: "As he emerged from the nest, the warmth of the sun caressed his tiny body, and he savored the breeze that carried the scent of nectar and pollen" (page 2).

The storyline is fluid, and the story is well-illustrated. The characterization seemed real to me. I liked everything Quizby and Luna represented in this story. Their individual qualities, encounters, and interactions added so much depth to the themes explored in this book. The fox is also another great character. I liked the little suspense and tension created when Quizby attempted to defend Luna from the fox. I didn't see the twists and turns coming! Also impressive is this scene's practical demonstration of what self-confidence, bravery, and true friendship entail.

I didn't dislike anything in this book. Given the vivid, intriguing narrative, bright illustrations, flawless editing, and practical lessons about life and living, I rate this book five out of five stars. Quizby the Ant should delight readers between the ages of three and twelve, but it can also be enjoyed by older readers.

Quizby The Ant
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
JOSEPHINE Aruta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JOSEPHINE Aruta »

Quizby the Ant" is a heartwarming story that explores the exceptional qualities of the main character, Quizby, and his encounter with Luna, a baby rabbit. The story delves into the challenges Luna faces and how Quizby's unique qualities bring them together. Through their interactions, the book imparts valuable life lessons about resilience, compassion, and the beauty of friendship. It is a tale that will leave readers with a sense of warmth and inspiration

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”